Into the Unknown

DreamSeason

So, we are less than a week away from something Iowa has never done before in the decades of it's football history... go 8-0 in a single season. I am an avid believer that each game during the season bears more importance than the last, but I also believe that this game is a benchmark this season. If we pass through East Lansing and can beat MSU; we will be in uncharted territory. I think that this can prove to be one of the greatest seasons in our schools history, and this game symbolizes that fact.

We started off with a scare, and in an almost masochistic fashion, we have been doing the same thing week in and week out. From the UNI game, to the Penn State 4th quarter dominance, we have been winning. The fact that we are able to win after trailing in 6/7 of our games this season is a testament to this teams toughness and willpower to keep playing at 110% even when the odds are against them.

My dad made me go to every game the first 2 seasons (I was around 11 or 12 at the time) of the Kirk Ferentz "era"... and one thing he always preached to me is that Iowa would once again be a contender on the national stage; and I think our time has come. It's our time to show the nation what we are made of. Throughout those first two seasons I was insistent that it was a waste of time going to these games. Now that I look back it is one of the best things that I think one man could have done for his child; teach him that the tough times make you stronger, and makes the good times oh so much better.

Lets take into account this weekend after the win at MSU that this kind of season for an Iowa fan comes once in a life-time. Lets enjoy it.

Your father is a wise man. And has been clearly bitten by Hawkeye fever himself as a young man. It is passed on generation to generation,just like my siblings and I have gotten from my dad and mom, we have passed to our children. In western Iowa, we were always known as a ''Hawkeye Family'' in cyclone country. Some things will never change,which is how is should be. Never waver from your hawk roots, good times or bad.