Im Not Done With Angel, And I'm Bringing It Over Here.

Northside Hawk

So she won't go to the White House, Jill can't walk her comment back, but she would be "willing to meet Barack and Michelle if invited".

Barf.

I don't want to hear one more word about how she's just a competitor, let alone the her and Clark are equally guilty. It does not take welders goggles to see where she is headed with this

First off, people misspeak and walk comments back all the time. It's called life. She will want, and need, the same break someday if she already hasn't. Jill just got caught up in the moment, said something she shouldn't have said, based it on the advancevent of women 's sports and Title 19 as much as anything, and her press secretary walked it back within 24 hours.

What gives Reese the authority to be the "ghetto police" and tie the disrespect card to literally anyone and anything? She wants to be a TV analyst someday? Good luck! She's also stated a comment on some African American site that she wouldn't go because "Biden didn't pick them in his bracker" or some paraphrase like that. Come on, she's getting roasted by plenty of people of her skin color who dealt with much worse situations than her. You think C Vivian Stringer hasn't experienced a thing or two? Raveling?

Maybe she can hear about a once in a lifetime experience from her cousin, who will be going there himself as a member of the UConn men's team. Maybe he can quietly pull her aside and tell her to cool it. Maybe she should be appreciative that she was even academically eligible to play. She wouldn't have been at many schools.

Meanwhile President and First Lady should probably clear speaking engagements with their press secretary before opening up their big pieholes and sticking their feet in them. Compared to them Gary Barta comes off as smooth talking and elegant.

As for Reese, you don't have life figured out at 21 sweetheart. Karma will get you in the end. Ask the Boz. That document on Bosworth going back to his college days and living a life of regret in middle age was almost too painful to watch.

So she won't go to the White House, Jill can't walk her comment back, but she would be "willing to meet Barack and Michelle if invited".

Barf.

I don't want to hear one more word about how she's just a competitor, let alone the her and Clark are equally guilty. It does not take welders goggles to see where she is headed with this

First off, people misspeak and walk comments back all the time. It's called life. She will want, and need, the same break someday if she already hasn't. Jill just got caught up in the moment, said something she shouldn't have said, based it on the advancevent of women 's sports and Title 19 as much as anything, and her press secretary walked it back within 24 hours.

What gives Reese the authority to be the "ghetto police" and tie the disrespect card to literally anyone and anything? She wants to be a TV analyst someday? Good luck! She's also stated a comment on some African American site that she wouldn't go because "Biden didn't pick them in his bracker" or some paraphrase like that. Come on, she's getting roasted by plenty of people of her skin color who dealt with much worse situations than her. You think C Vivian Stringer hasn't experienced a thing or two? Raveling?

Maybe she can hear about a once in a lifetime experience from her cousin, who will be going there himself as a member of the UConn men's team. Maybe he can quietly pull her aside and tell her to cool it. Maybe she should be appreciative that she was even academically eligible to play. She wouldn't have been at many schools.

Meanwhile President and First Lady should probably clear speaking engagements with their press secretary before opening up their big pieholes and sticking their feet in them. Compared to them Gary Barta comes off as smooth talking and elegant.

As for Reese, you don't have life figured out at 21 sweetheart. Karma will get you in the end. Ask the Boz. That document on Bosworth going back to his college days and living a life of regret in middle age was almost too painful to watch.
Two things at play here I think with Reese.

1) Social media hordes. For every person speaking out against the way she's acting, there are two who are egging her on and encouraging it. It's like a drug for people to get those likes, baby.

2) Youth. Not everyone matures at the same rate or sometimes even at all. She doesn't realize or care right now what people think of her. And as long as there's a contingent telling her to keep fightin' the man, she's going to continue to ramp it up.

It's best just to ignore it. What Reese wants is middle aged white dudes to go off on internet rants. It's her goal and it's giving her more fuel to claim people are abusing her and trying to keep her down.

Reacting to her is playing right into her hand.

Two things at play here I think with Reese.

1) Social media hordes. For every person speaking out against the way she's acting, there are two who are egging her on and encouraging it. It's like a drug for people to get those likes, baby.

2) Youth. Not everyone matures at the same rate or sometimes even at all. She doesn't realize or care right now what people think of her. And as long as there's a contingent telling her to keep fightin' the man, she's going to continue to ramp it up.

It's best just to ignore it. What Reese wants is middle aged white dudes to go off on internet rants. It's her goal and it's giving her more fuel to claim people are abusing her and trying to keep her down.

Reacting to her is playing right into her hand.
Count me in as guilty as charged.

I do believe, however, that for every one who's egging her on, there are many more, including of her own heritage, who wish she would cool it.

Then again as a parent of three adopted biracial kids perhaps I see this through a different lens than most. Not right or wrong, just different.

I'll give one example, then exit stage right with point proven. Coming back from a game at Carver several years ago with my two boys. We were pulled over south of Monticello (major speed trap for those who know) and the trooper wanted to see my son's ID.

Why? He did nothing wrong. He did nothing at all other than be a passenger in the vehicle. (The officer, who was left lane cruising, was more at fault than anyone and he pulled me over because I had the audacity to pass him when his cruise was set at 65, but that's another story).

But we all know why. My other son was fifteen at the time and was laying down in the back seat scared to death not wanting to be noticed.

People like Reese make it more difficult for all of us, even if their intention is to get a rise out of middle age white people. I think in her case it goes deeper than that. Someday she will look back on opportunities that she missed on and will never get back the same way the Boz does, but there's no telling her that now.

But just my opinion from another perspective. And yes I had no problem moving it to another board.

Last edited:
I wonder how many of the people who hate Angel's rhetoric also love the similar type rhetoric from the former POTUS? And vice versa, the people that hated the POTUS rhetoric now are supportive of Angel's.

I was all for giving a businessman the opportunity to run our country, vs another political talking head.

But I would never vote for him again. He was an embarrassment with his callous behavior in times that required just a little dignity. He ended up at odds with his own VP cause Pence wouldn't bend the constitution for him. Worst of all he riled up a small but dangerous extreme right wing sector of our country.

Last edited:

Barf.

Well stated. Yea, I'm so done with her. She's something else. She's going to live a long life that bitter. I can't even imagine someone like her on an Iowa team.

I do believe, however, that for every one who's egging her on, there are many more, including of her own heritage, who wish she would cool it.

Then again as a parent of three adopted biracial kids perhaps I see this through a different lens than most. Not right or wrong, just different.

I'll give one example, then exit stage right with point proven. Coming back from a game at Carver several years ago with my two boys. We were pulled over south of Monticello (major speed trap for those who know) and the trooper wanted to see my son's ID.

Why? He did nothing wrong. He did nothing at all other than be a passenger in the vehicle. (The officer, who was left lane cruising, was more at fault than anyone and he pulled me over because I had the audacity to pass him when his cruise was set at 65, but that's another story).

But we all know why. My other son was fifteen at the time and was laying down in the back seat scared to death not wanting to be noticed.

People like Reese make it more difficult for all of us, even if their intention is to get a rise out of middle age white people. I think in her case it goes deeper than that. Someday she will look back on opportunities that she missed on and will never get back the same way the Boz does, but there's no telling her that now.

But just my opinion from another perspective. And yes I had no problem moving it to another board.

Boy, that's F'ed up. Sorry your boys have to experience that crap.

I'm not saying i agree with her take, but knowing (or at least listening what she has to say) about things and the way things have played out I can see why why she'd be pissed at the invitation to the white house. Whether the race card, stereotypes, or racial biases play a factor or not, I could see Jill Biden's invitation of the Hawkeyes a slap in the face to Angel and LSU. She's been portrayed and made out to be the villian in this whole matter and Caitlin made out to be the hero or in this case America's sweetheart. Why would Jill Biden invite Iowa to the white house when it's never been done before? IMO whether I brought the negative publicity upon myself, or the matter simply got blown way out of proportion, I'd be pissed if I was Angel or anyone on the LSU team simply because the loser had never been invited before, and this should be about the winning team.

That said, I don't think her actions were the same as Clarks and I think they were "excessive" as opposed to "classless". I also think deep down Angel knows that dragging this out is putting more NIL money into her account and she owes that, and the fact that this has become a national story, to Caitlin and the Hawks. If it wasn't for the run of Iowa women and what they did on their way to coming up short, America would have no idea who she was. The media's also running with this as it's good for the popularity of the sport.

I'm not sure how old your son looks but it's common practice to ID passengers now. When I was younger, passengers when we got pulled over got IDed quite a bit. After it happened the first time, it became expected. That said, the son of a father son combo is different than a car full of young kids.

Anybody see the story how Iowa has "paused" women ticket sales for 23-24?
Interesting choice of words.

Keeping classy certainly has its benefits.

When Matt Henderson said it isn’t going to make everyone happy he’s not kidding. Carver sold out season tickets the past two years in wrestling and there have been some seriously pissed off people who wanted to buy singles but had to go to StubHub and either pay whorehouse prices for good seats or get stuck at the top for prices still above face. I feel ridiculously lucky to already have mine down low.

Barf.

Side note, when I first read this thread title this morning I was hoping you meant Angel Hernandez. I f’n hate that guy with a passion and I was hoping we’d get to tee off on him.

Side note, when I first read this thread title this morning I was hoping you meant Angel Hernandez. I f’n hate that guy with a passion and I was hoping we’d get to tee off on him.
He wouldnt have seen Mulkey on the court either.

Some umpires are good on the bases, bad at balls and strikes (CB Bucknor)

Some are good at balls and strikes, bad on the bases (Laz Diaz)

Then there's (retired) Joe West, good at balls and strikes, OK on the bases, but frequently out of position when asked to move his caboose and always looking to escalate confrontations.

Then there's Hernandez, who should be a Wal Mart greeter because he's bad at all the above.

Yet he's had a job in the game for thirty years. Somethings defy logic.

When Matt Henderson said it isn’t going to make everyone happy he’s not kidding. Carver sold out season tickets the past two years in wrestling and there have been some seriously pissed off people who wanted to buy singles but had to go to StubHub and either pay whorehouse prices for good seats or get stuck at the top for prices still above face. I feel ridiculously lucky to already have mine down low.
I hereby nominate you as serious Hawk fan of the year....driving from NW Iowa to eastern Iowa for winterish Saturday tilts etc. Well done.

Unless of course you pay off some college tuition as a few of those gold-laced tix might just end up in the dark-side after-market realm. ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts