If we would have beaten UNI by 3 TDs, what would we be ranked in the BCS?

I can't believe we dropped out of the top 25 after that game. Luckily the Penn State game came in week 4.

Unfortunately we'll never know. The sad thing is, even if the Hawks had won by 3 TD's there would be and will always be some in sports media that won't believe ever.

However, I believe this one game and the fact it was so close has benefited this team already this year. I have absolutely no proof of this, it's just a perception from watching them play. I feel confident, and hope I'm correct, that this team never takes any one or any team for granted.

I think Iowa might be right about where they are. 4th at best..and if they win out, they will be no worse than 4th..if they win this week, they will be at least 5th

If we had done that, its possible the ISU game would have been different and/or the PSU game.
I would rather take criticism for barely beating two teams than have us blow them out and lose to ISU or PSU and have no one talking about us at all.

If we had done that, its possible the ISU game would have been different and/or the PSU game.
I would rather take criticism for barely beating two teams than have us blow them out and lose to ISU or PSU and have no one talking about us at all.

COMPLETELY agree.

I just entered my first blog entry on this site on a subject very similar to this. Human perception is what is holding this team back...it sure isn't the computers! They've got us at #3! Ceteris perebis (Latin, anyone?), if we win the UNI game by 3 TD's, we probably don't drop out of the top 25. We don't have to claw our way back in, and we're probably not ranked behind Cincinnati or Boise in the Harris poll, nor are we ranked behind Cincy, Boise, or TCU in the coaches poll. Toss up as to whether we'd be behind 1-loss USC or not...

It's irrelevant. We'd still be behind TX, FL, and AL. If we keep winning (which is all that matters, since this is all moot if we lose) we will pass Cincy and Boise, that is a given. Also, a one-loss USC team (with that loss being to a mediocre Washington) will never pass an undefeated Iowa team for a slot in the title game. You can write that in stone. It will never happen. If there are two undefeated teams at the end of the year and Iowa is one of them, we will be in the title game. Period.

Latest posts