If Iowa wins against PSU, the only other team that could get to Indy in the West is......

NorthKCHawk

Minnesota.

Hear me out. Iowa could still lose a couple games. Its a long season. I don't see us losing three games, however. Not with what we have left. So, you have to look at who could end the season with just two conference losses. In order of least likely:

Illinois/NW/Purdue. No fucking way. The first two suck and the latter still has some tough games ahead.
Nebraska: Probably playing as well as anyone in the division besides Iowa, but they already have two losses and would need to run the table with Iowa, OSU, Michigan and @ Wisky and Minny. Highly unlikely.
Wisky: Schedule is pretty manageable, but does this look like a team that will win out? Don't see it.

That leaves the Goofers. Who is this team? If they had not lost to a collegiate bowling team at home, I would think they are legit. But, that one is pretty hard to ignore. Besides Iowa, the two toughest games they have are home to Nebbie and Wisky. The rest they should win. If they split those and come into Iowa City to wreck our season like we did to them in 2019, who knows? I don't think they are as good as Iowa in any phase, but they will throw what they have at us. That game could decide who wins the West.

We are definitely in the drivers seat if we win this Saturday. But, the Goofers are lurking around like a bad fart.

Minnesota.

Hear me out. Iowa could still lose a couple games. Its a long season. I don't see us losing three games, however. Not with what we have left. So, you have to look at who could end the season with just two conference losses. In order of least likely:

Illinois/NW/Purdue. No fucking way. The first two suck and the latter still has some tough games ahead.
Nebraska: Probably playing as well as anyone in the division besides Iowa, but they already have two losses and would need to run the table with Iowa, OSU, Michigan and @ Wisky and Minny. Highly unlikely.
Wisky: Schedule is pretty manageable, but does this look like a team that will win out? Don't see it.

That leaves the Goofers. Who is this team? If they had not lost to a collegiate bowling team at home, I would think they are legit. But, that one is pretty hard to ignore. Besides Iowa, the two toughest games they have are home to Nebbie and Wisky. The rest they should win. If they split those and come into Iowa City to wreck our season like we did to them in 2019, who knows? I don't think they are as good as Iowa in any phase, but they will throw what they have at us. That game could decide who wins the West.

We are definitely in the drivers seat if we win this Saturday. But, the Goofers are lurking around like a bad fart.
Fortunately, Minny has been our bitch for some time. The do appear to have a heartbeat, but I think if we play at our best Goofy will be going back up north with another L.

Can't overlook them, but expect to own them again.

Iowa already has a huge advantage over everyone else in the West being 2-0 so far in the cross over games. Iowa is in the drivers seat regardless if they beat PSU or not, in fact they can lose the game on Saturday and they would still be all alone in first place. If they were to beat PSU then it would be extremely tough for another team to pass them.

I get what you are saying about Minnesota, they are entering into the soft spot in their schedule with Neb, Maryland, @NW, and Illinois being their next 4 games. There is a chance they could win all 4 setting up a huge game in Kinnick on Nov 13th. OTOH, they've been playing like shit at home and it wouldn't surprise me if they went 2-2 over the next 4 games either.

I wouldn't count out Wisconsin just yet. Yes their QB and offense sucks but they still have a very good defense and there is still a long season to go where the offense could improve. Other than playing Iowa at home they have an easy schedule going forward. If Iowa was to stumble against PSU and Wisconsin wins their next 2 conference games (@ILL and @Purdue) they could go into that Iowa game being 4-3 and a win over Iowa puts them into the drivers seat for the West.

Wisconsin was the main contender. They have 2 conference losses. They are not a good team at this point. Iowa has to lose 2 conference games just for a tie.

Minnesota. Minnesota's big win was against a struggling Purdue , They won't be in contention. They still have Iowa in Iowa City and Wisconsin at home on their schedule.

Purdue. They would have to win out to have a shot. They still have Ohio State, Michigan State and Wisconsin. They will probably have 3 conference losses by December.

Nebraska. Beating a weak Northwestern team isn't much to hang your hat on. They have Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin and Iowa on the schedule. They already have 1 conference loss and one division loss.

That leaves Northwestern, Illinois. Both are so bad they won't be in contention.

Iowa has no losses. Everyone else has 1 or more losses. After this week, Iowa's toughest game looks to be against at a weak Wisconsin.

Minny's RB Potts is still in Indiana in the hospital. I am not sure why, but that is a second huge blow to that position as I can't imagine he is back playing for at least a couple weeks.

Minnesota.

Well this is why I wanted Purdue to beat Minny even if that meant Purdue would go to 2-0 in the conf and division. I just hated to see Minny get that road win. I really do not like our West Div rivals winning road games, but we can win a lot of road games to help our cause.

Tanner Morgan the Minny QB has been having his troubles and he did not have a big game against purdue except for two 50 yard completions.

Minny about 280 yards on 53 plays yet Purdue ran 85 plays for about 450 yards but was -2 in turnovers.

Right now Iowa should really beat minny by 17 but who knows in 4 weeks

Well this is why I wanted Purdue to beat Minny even if that meant Purdue would go to 2-0 in the conf and division. I just hated to see Minny get that road win. I really do not like our West Div rivals winning road games, but we can win a lot of road games to help our cause.

Tanner Morgan the Minny QB has been having his troubles and he did not have a big game against purdue except for two 50 yard completions.

Minny about 280 yards on 53 plays yet Purdue ran 85 plays for about 450 yards but was -2 in turnovers.

Right now Iowa should really beat minny by 17 but who knows in 4 weeks
I think Maryland > Minny. Especially if they are one dimensional Minny.

Not saying we will win by 30+, but I think 24 is reasonable.

Just stop these posts. Shit like this will cause Petras to get a high ankle sprain in the first series against PSU and we'll need a hard fought win against Northwestern or Illinois to become bowl eligible if you assclowns keep acting like this.

Have any of you watched Iowa football ever? Ever? Anyone remember Stanzi shredding his ankle against Northwestern? Anyone remember AIRBHG? Do you think that asshole is dead? Has anyone seen Iowa's record against Northwestern the last 5 freaking seasons? Ever watched our DBs try to cover Bell from Purdue? There's a reason they play the games and shit trucking Mike Locksley should not give anyone any additional confidence.

Just stop these posts. Shit like this will cause Petras to get a high ankle sprain in the first series against PSU and we'll need a hard fought win against Northwestern or Illinois to become bowl eligible if you assclowns keep acting like this.

Have any of you watched Iowa football ever? Ever? Anyone remember Stanzi shredding his ankle against Northwestern? Anyone remember XXXXXX? Do you think that asshole is dead? Has anyone seen Iowa's record against Northwestern the last 5 freaking seasons? Ever watched our DBs try to cover Bell from Purdue? There's a reason they play the games and shit trucking Mike Locksley should not give anyone any additional confidence.
DO NOT MENTION THAT NAME!!!!
If something happens in the RB room, know that you were the one to invoke its name.

I am now off to sacrifice some KFC Chickens.

Have any of you watched Iowa football ever? Ever? Anyone remember Stanzi shredding his ankle against Northwestern? Anyone remember AIRBHG? Do you think that asshole is dead? Has anyone seen Iowa's record against Northwestern the last 5 freaking seasons? Ever watched our DBs try to cover Bell from Purdue? There's a reason they play the games and shit trucking Mike Locksley should not give anyone any additional confidence.
Okeefe4prez is right....stop drinking the damn Kool aid....you guys are chugging it....one game at a time, get better every day, prepare, prepare,prepare. Just win baby

Dont even mention this shit. Voodoo bad post

I think Maryland > Minny. Especially if they are one dimensional Minny.

Not saying we will win by 30+, but I think 24 is reasonable.

I agree with you. The normal Maryland should beat Minny. Maryland's defense has a lot of athletes to counter Minny. Purdue seemed to beat Minny in every category except the score and the minus 2 in turnovers. When you want purdue to bury the rodents they shit the bed then they turn around and have their game of the year against the hawks. I hate this kind of matchup shit with Purdue and jNW. At least rondell moore went pro. Speaking of rondell moore did you see that freaky punt return where the returner was moore and an official threw a flag that hit the ball about 10 feet above moore deflecting the ball and causing a turnover that was maybe overturned

I agree with you. The normal Maryland should beat Minny. Maryland's defense has a lot of athletes to counter Minny. Purdue seemed to beat Minny in every category except the score and the minus 2 in turnovers. When you want purdue to bury the rodents they shit the bed then they turn around and have their game of the year against the hawks. I hate this kind of matchup shit with Purdue and jNW. At least rondell moore went pro. Speaking of rondell moore did you see that freaky punt return where the returner was moore and an official threw a flag that hit the ball about 10 feet above moore deflecting the ball and causing a turnover that was maybe overturned
I think Purdue can be out played with physicality this year, which isn't always the case. Their offense isn't as consistently potent as it has been the last 3-4 years. I think this is how Minny won.

We will have targets on our back the rest of the season, so we should get everyone's best. After PSU, everyone's best < our best. So we just need to bring it.

Even PSU's best is at best equal to our best.

I think Purdue can be out played with physicality this year, which isn't always the case. Their offense isn't as consistently potent as it has been the last 3-4 years. I think this is how Minny won.

We will have targets on our back the rest of the season, so we should get everyone's best. After PSU, everyone's best < our best. So we just need to bring it.

Even PSU's best is at best equal to our best.

If our defense has a really good game as in tackling staying in their lanes and really good coverage I think the hawks can really hold down their offense. The really great PSU wideout is the wildcard for them. But really good tackling and coverage plus some pass rush is the key for Iowa's defense.

I think our offense is finding some plays, blocking angles, pass routes and schemes that work. Bruce is doing some really good slants and crossing routes patterns. Ragaini and Jones and the other freshman, Kellogg?? is it, are doing really good work down the sidelines, Goodson is running the 10-20 yard skinny posts really well. And of course Laporta and Lachey are two really good TEnd targets.

Current Big Ten west Standings

Iowa 2-0
Minn 1-1
Pur 1-1
Neb 1-2
ILL 1-2
Wisc 0-2
NW 0-2

Yes, Minn in theory has an easy schedule left with home games against Neb, MD, ILL and Wiscy. Away games at NW, Iowa, Ind

But this is the team that lost to Bowling Green and barely beat Toledo. But is also the team that has beat Colorado and Purdue. My guess Minn will finish 5-4 in conference.