Hypothetical ? on Drew Ott

BILLBUCKNER

If he was healthy enough to play in the Rose Bowl.Would you want him to knowing he'll lose his possible chance at a medical redshirt for next season.

i think his personality is that he just wants to play and doesn't want to redshirt so i would be okay with him running out there

If he was 100% healthy and he wanted to play let him play. If he passes up the chance and returns to Iowa he might not play in no rose bowl next year.

He might not be coming back to Iowa in 2016 anyway.

No offense, but that's too hypothetical to give a hypothetical answer. He will be lucky if he is ready to go for spring drills. Certainly hope he gets the med red shirt.

If he was healthy enough to play in the Rose Bowl.Would you want him to knowing he'll lose his possible chance at a medical redshirt for next season.

Stupid post. If he is healthy to play in the Rose Bowl, then he isn't eligible for a medical hardship waiver. Remember the injury has to be season ending.

Stupid post. If he is healthy to play in the Rose Bowl, then he isn't eligible for a medical hardship waiver. Remember the injury has to be season ending.

So it needed to be worded differently. Would you rather have a health Ott for the Rose Bowl or have him all of next year?

this is the correct answer - if he was medically cleared to play, then the season clock starts again at that point, and thus is certainly likely done for his career. so if that was the case, he'd want to be on the field for the biggest game of his career.

If ifs and buts were beer and nuts we'd have ourselves a party.

Not sure what the point is of hypothetically considering this. He's not healthy. It's too soon, and he has a career to think about. I just hope for his sake that he's granted another year to prove what he's capable of.

How long do you think the NCAA will take to make a decision on his case?

The NCAA doesn't make the decision. Again, somebody who makes a stupid post & doesn't understand the rules. Hey moron, the B1G makes the decision, not the NCAA. If the B1G denies the request, Ott has the right to appeal the decision to the NCAA.

I know you guys will think I am crazy, but are we sure Ott was really injured or was he suspended by Ferentz for a rules violation? This might sound crazy, but Ferentz might have been jealous of Ott for some reason like all the attention he was getting and KF never likes it when one guy starts to stick out above the rest of the team. It might sound odd to suspend the best defensive lineman, but after how well Parker Hesse has played the decision seems to have turned out well enough.

The NCAA doesn't make the decision. Again, somebody who makes a stupid post & doesn't understand the rules. Hey moron, the B1G makes the decision, not the NCAA. If the B1G denies the request, Ott has the right to appeal the decision to the NCAA.

You could probably make your point without calling the guy a moron. Just sayin'

Do you buy your holier than though pills in bulk to get a good deal on them?

I know you guys will think I am crazy, but are we sure Ott was really injured or was he suspended by Ferentz for a rules violation? This might sound crazy, but Ferentz might have been jealous of Ott for some reason like all the attention he was getting and KF never likes it when one guy starts to stick out above the rest of the team. It might sound odd to suspend the best defensive lineman, but after how well Parker Hesse has played the decision seems to have turned out well enough.

I cannot find any basis in logic for your speculation. With Ott, MSU has to change their offensive game plan. Ott had 5.5 sacks in 4 games. He was top 3 DE's in the B1G.

Latest posts