How Does Ferentz not fire Ferentz?

Fun little program but will never ever take it to the next level. Ferentz has one major bowl victory in 20 plus years at Iowa..... The Orange Bowl. That's it. No outright Big Ten titles....0.

Lot's of choke jobs...

First this has been overall a fun and great year. But the guys behind the 123rd ranked offense should not keep their jobs. Red zone efficiency awful. Third Down efficiency awful. Those are just facts. Our offensive coordinator has been out of his league for some time. What consistent top 25 program would put up with that? I hope we show up better at our bowl game. And I hope our AD steps up and insists on some changes. Go hawks.

We have with no doubt the worst offense in Power 5. Ferentz can't start next year as OC and neither should either of these QBs

I keep going back and forth. Sometimes I think its the OLine then the QB's inability to make the makables, then its the overall scheme.

I think its an overall lack of talent.

Iowa is an 8 win team, with 8 win talent. When they get up in the 10 win zone..they play other teams with 10 wins...teams with talent...teams tat don't beat themleves.

Talent.

Imagine if Iowa had an average offense. Just average. Think about it. Iowa might have been tied at 21 with Michigan tonight. Those last 3 easy TD's dont happen

Tweedle-dee & Tweedle-dum stayed with Petrified Petras “2” possessions too long. KF didn’t learn his lesson about Petras and once again thoroughly embarrassed the state. And, had the early razzle-dazzle pass to Pottebaum in the endzone even been practiced? Padilla didn’t tuck and run even once; did they restrict him from doing so? Their guy was allowed to run, but too difficult a vision for our coaches. If Iowa is ever ranked higher than #20, KF must defer the ranking and simply say, ‘We’re fine hanging out down here. … but did you hear about my tenure as a coach? Bunches of years; pretty impressive, eh?”

I keep going back and forth. Sometimes I think its the OLine then the QB's inability to make the makables, then its the overall scheme.

I think its an overall lack of talent.

Iowa is an 8 win team, with 8 win talent. When they get up in the 10 win zone..they play other teams with 10 wins...teams with talent...teams tat don't beat themleves.

Talent.

Imagine if Iowa had an average offense. Just average. Think about it. Iowa might have been tied at 21 with Michigan tonight. Those last 3 easy TD's dont happen
You may be right. When our recruiting is ranked 30-40 nationally and 8-10 in the B1G it is difficult to expect better. However KF has been great for Iowa football for >20 years and I am thankful for that. Norm and Phil's defense have bailed us out a bunch. I hope KF is able to help BF find a job somewhere else and then find a new OC. I hope KF is then able to have great final years as Iowa FB coach.