Honest Question on Kevin Dresser

BryceC

I'm an ISU fan, and one that is a bandwagon wrestling fan. There's a lot of excitement on ISU boards about Dresser but since he wrestled for the Hawks (albeit many years ago) I was wondering what you guys thought of him. A member of this board a good friend of mine has us filling out NCAA wrestling brackets and stuff every year... and quite frankly it's tough to want to follow the sport when ISU sucks so bad.

I don't know if I expect ISU to get to the mountaintop anytime soon (I just think Iowa and PSU have too many advantages right now) but do you guys think ISU could at least be back in the top 10 in a few years? What kind of style does Dresser coach? Another problem is that ISU has coached a super boring, plodding style for a while (even under Cael), where I think ISU and PSU are just more agressive and fun to watch. I ISU can move in that direction.

Sorry I'm just curious what another serious wrestling fanbase thought of it because it'd be fun to have ISU at least be relevant in the NCAA's again.

ISU "sucking" at wrestling in recent years would be comparable to "best season ever" in ISU football. It seems like a solid hire. Probably couldn't have made a better choice in terms of what is good for the team and trying to resurrect support in Iowa.

I think, if he can bring Mike Zadick along with him, it will be a huge hire and will make ISU back into a national power.

Its as good as they can do. Not sure anyone else out there would be a better choice. Wrestling runs very deep in my family. Got a kid headed to kids state this weekend. Even though I am a huge Iowa fan...it is so important for our sport to have ISU be good. Unlike other sports I cheer loudly for ISU in wrestling. For the sport in our state they need to turn things around in Ames.

Not surprised to hear him say beating Iowa is a top goal. It's the dream of every clown coach. He is much better than the debacle in Ames the last several years. Of course cyfan is reasonable in their expectations of being top ten and a national power next year.

Not surprised to hear him say beating Iowa is a top goal. It's the dream of every clown coach. He is much better than the debacle in Ames the last several years. Of course cyfan is reasonable in their expectations of being top ten and a national power next year.

your kids miss you

Latest posts