Honest Clock Management Question

kicker22

Can anyone explain to me how we end up with one time out left at the end of that close of a game? I've never questioned the logic of the coaching staff this season, but am absolutely baffled by management and use of time outs at the end of the game.

After the fumble we burn the first on a third down (i believe) and then they get the first down. Then we don't call one on first down, but use it on second down only to let them wind the clock on third down and convert another first down. I just can't figure it out. If were going to try to stop the clock and get the ball back, regardless of whether or not we actually make a stop, shouldn't we be usng our time outs on consecutive downs? Someone help me, because as shocked as I was about the outcome of the game I can't come up with any reasoning (logical or sarcastic) that would explain what we were doing. Not ripping on coaches just wondering if anyone knows something I don't.

Yeah but what I'm saying is, (if I recall correctly) didn't they convert 2 3rd downs to get to the point where our final TO was irrelevant and they could run out the clock? I just can't figure out why we'd call a TO every other play, and basically use them like we had all the time in the world left to get the ball back. I've just never seen a game that close with under 4 minutes remaining to see the trailing team end up with a TO left. I didn't think TO's could be converted into points if they go unused.

I was guessing Kirk wanted that TO in his back pocket for the offense to use. I'm not surprised by the standard crappy clock management.

That timeout will help us when we carry it to the bowl game.

Latest posts