HN TV: Tom Brands, Spencer Lee Preview NCAAs

#1 seeds: Lee, Eirman, Marinelli, Kemmerer
# 4 seed: DeSanto
#5 seeds: Young, Warner, Cassiopi
#12 seeds: Murin, Brands

i’m a bit surprised about Cassiopi’s seed, but the others seem reasonable.

The 3 and 4 guys have more matches this year and they're undefeated. And the 2 that Cassioppi did lose were embarrasing.

I don't even know why they're having the HWT division this year. Steveson is even more dominant in his division than Lee is in 125. Parris is Olympic caliber and Steveson absolutely clowns him. It's like watching a D-1 wrestler vs a middle schooler who's never wrestled before.

I think that Tony Cassiopi, and Austin DeSanto will pull of the upsets and win the national championships. They are both experienced wrestlers that know the weaknesses of their competition, and that will pay dividends. Iowa will cruise to the national championship as well.

I think that Tony Cassiopi, and Austin DeSanto will pull of the upsets and win the national championships. They are both experienced wrestlers that know the weaknesses of their competition, and that will pay dividends. Iowa will cruise to the national championship as well.
I agree with what Fry’s posted. There’s a huge gap between Parris and Tony, and just as big a gap between Parris and Steveson. I’d love to see him pull it off, but I don’t have any hope.

Oh, and De Santo has to beat Fix to even get to RBY. That’s not good, either. If his finger’s good, though, maybe. Better chance than Tony, again imo.

Last edited:
I agree with what Fry’s posted. There’s a huge gap between Parris and Tony, and just as big a gap between Parris and Steveson. I’d love to see him pull it off, but I don’t have any hope.

Oh, and De Santo has to beat Fix to even get to RBY. That’s not good, either. If his finger’s good, though, maybe. Better chance than Tony, again imo.
For those of us who e been here a while, we know @ClintonIAfan is talking out of his ass. If our football team was playing 2nd stringers against the Buccaneers he’d predict a win. Does it all the time.

The Fix/RBY match is going to be one for the ages. I hate PSU wrestling and Cael, but I have to root B1G

Damn, perhaps you should put some money down on that. Find a site that will parlay both of those predictions into a huge bet, you'll be rich!

#1 seeds: Lee, Eirman, Marinelli, Kemmerer
# 4 seed: DeSanto
#5 seeds: Young, Warner, Cassiopi
#12 seeds: Murin, Brands

It is awesome that Iowa got all 10 in, I was unsure about Murin since he got swept out of the Big Ten tournament. Hopefully he can leverage that into motivation to get himself on the podium and score some points for Iowa.

Last edited:
It is awesome that Iowa got all 10 in, I was unsure about Murin since he got swept out of the Big Ten tournament. Hopefully he can leverage that into motivation to get himself on the podium and score some points for Iowa.
It’d also be great to see Nelson pick up a few points and wrestle like he did in the consos last week.

I'm hoping to see a decisive team win for Iowa next week.
Barring injury or covid Iowa’s pretty much a lock for the team title. It would take several big upsets, not just one or two to knock us out of first.

I’m just hoping we can come away with 4 titles and start getting this program back where it was in the 80s/90s. Not just winning, but completely destroying everyone. I want to be the way it was where every single team but us was wrestling for 2nd place and they knew it before the season even started.

Latest posts