Hey Rutgers...

ThunderHawk

Missing something?

giphy.gif

Say what you will, but Rutgers is a pretty formidable team to me. They are pretty stout inside which some beefy guys and know how to get the offensive rebound. I think they have something at the guard positions as well. They are not an automatic W on the schedule is what I am saying, I guess.

Say what you will, but Rutgers is a pretty formidable team to me. They are pretty stout inside which some beefy guys and know how to get the offensive rebound. I think they have something at the guard positions as well. They are not an automatic W on the schedule is what I am saying, I guess.
Too late, I already marked that down as a W. :D

what is crazy is that iowa got a buzzer beater at the end of the 1st half, also. i'd forgotten about moss's bucket at the buzzer to end the 1st half. that is 3 consecutive halves where iowa has hit a shot at the buzzer.

what is crazy is that iowa got a buzzer beater at the end of the 1st half, also. i'd forgotten about moss's bucket at the buzzer to end the 1st half. that is 3 consecutive halves where iowa has hit a shot at the buzzer.

But he missed the #%^&%$#$% free throw!!!

Ron Harper Jr. running his mouth about how lucky we were and that Joe could take that shot a million times and not hit it again, just gives us good bulletin board material for the rematch. This coming from a guy who was shooting 22% from 3 and hit 4 of 5 in the Iowa game. Talk about luck.

Anyone know if Baer got an assist on the play? He should have, the more I see it, that tip was definitely intentional.
Was thinking the same thing. Watched it many times and Baer for sure tipped to corner. I THINK he may have been tipping to Moss who had full head of steam to corner. Weiskamp was closer to basket and went back to grab ball. Moss had to put on quick breaks to keep from plowing into Weiskamp. Great job by Moss there

I gotta say, I agree with this. I was pretty impressed by their team. They've got size and length, and they play hard. Very good defensive team. And, they're young. The only thing they lack is a "true" PG (kind of like another team we know...).

I gotta say, I agree with this. I was pretty impressed by their team. They've got size and length, and they play hard. Very good defensive team. And, they're young. The only thing they lack is a "true" PG (kind of like another team we know...).

I don’t know. I just wasn’t that impressed with them. They just go all MSU on ya, mug ya all over the court and they got away with it at home. I just really hate that kind of basketball really, so maybe I just don’t want to respect them for playing that kind of mug ball.

I don’t know. I just wasn’t that impressed with them. They just go all MSU on ya, mug ya all over the court and they got away with it at home. I just really hate that kind of basketball really, so maybe I just don’t want to respect them for playing that kind of mug ball.
They are physical, no doubt. I guess I don't mind quite as much because I've always appreciated old-fashioned Big Ten basketball. Plus, I like their coach. He's not a complete ass like Izzo. I think that Rutgers will make some noise the next couple of seasons, but, you never know. They lack depth, so an injury here or there could derail them in a hurry.

NW apparently has the same issue as well.

I will never forgive or forget that dude from NW State that hit that 30 footer falling out of bounds in the corner to knock Iowa out of the tourney. That team had my heart in its firey hands after that game. Been how long now? That is the fun of hoops this time of year. Crazy stuff happens.

Latest posts