Hawkeyes in the NFL

Tristan Wirfs will be one of the three best offensive tackles in the game by the end of this season.

Josh Jackson is with the Giants now? I swear I saw him playing Saturday night for the Packers.

Breaking it down by position:
LB: 8
OT: 6
DT: 6
OG: 5
TE: 3
DB: 3
WR: 2
QB: 2
OLCenter/DE/Snapper/RB/S: 1 each

Current number of campers for each B1G team. These numbers will shrink obviously, some of them by half or better.

Capture.JPG

Last night I looked through 53 man projections for all the teams employing Hawkeyes, I checked out 3 different sources for each one. These are the players that all three projected to be cut (or practice squad which I indicated)

Hesse
Heflin
Reynolds
Sargent
Banwart
A. Jackson (PS)
Gervase (PS)
Welch
Stanley
Rieff
B. Smith
Gholston
Beyer
Lattimore
Wade

These are obviously just predictions from local media sites so don't bark at me about it. If it did play out like this, it'd still leave us with 32 guys on active rosters which is nothing to sneeze at.

Breaking it down by position:
LB: 8
OT: 6
DT: 6
OG: 5
TE: 3
DB: 3
WR: 2
QB: 2
OLCenter/DE/Snapper/RB/S: 1 each

Only 3 DBs seemed low, so I looked through the list:

Gervase (S)
Hooker (S)
Hyde (S)
Jackson (C)
King (C)
Ojemudia (C)
Stone (S)

Is Beatherd on a second contract now? Typically, if a career backup can make it to a second contract, he can stick in the league holding a clipboard for a decade or more. CJ has started enough games that he likely qualifies as that cheap, journeyman back-up QB role. It would be nice to see an Iowa QB finally stick in the league even if just a back-up.

Sounds like Stanley's NFL career is about to sunset. His decision not to vaccinate did not help his standing with Zimmer.

Is Beatherd on a second contract now? Typically, if a career backup can make it to a second contract, he can stick in the league holding a clipboard for a decade or more. CJ has started enough games that he likely qualifies as that cheap, journeyman back-up QB role. It would be nice to see an Iowa QB finally stick in the league even if just a back-up.

Sounds like Stanley's NFL career is about to sunset. His decision not to vaccinate did not help his standing with Zimmer.
By the way, I saw that Jake Rudock has decided to officially retire from the NFL.

Only 3 DBs seemed low, so I looked through the list:

Gervase (S)
Hooker (S)
Hyde (S)
Jackson (C)
King (C)
Ojemudia (C)
Stone (S)
That caught my eye as well. I was like there is no way Phil Parker has put only 3 DB's in the NFL. After all Iowa has had 4 guys finish as Big Ten DB POY in the last decade. Hyde, King, Jackson and Hooker.

Latest posts