Hawkeye Motivations - PSU

ArvadaHawk

I think we all agree PSU is the better team. Most of us think PSU will win. But, Iowa does have some items they can use for motivation:

They don't allow Saquon Barkely to reach 3000 career rushing yards (121 yds away). This would most likely result in no big plays. Does our defense have the pride to not allow this to happen at Kinnick?
* No one is even considering Iowa has a chance. I just watched halftime of NC State @ FSU, they spent about 2 minutes talking about PSU. Not one word about Iowa, other than, mentioned the game is at Kinnick. That piss me off.
* Saquon Barkley this, Saquon Barkley that...not one mention of Akrum Wadley. AW, go to town tonight. O-Line, YOU control whether AW can go to town or not.

I am not going to call a Hawkeye victory because it will take a perfect game from us and PSU is legitimately good. But, never say never. Things can happen at Kinnick, at night. If Stanley can throw for 250 and 2 tds and we score 35 points, we'll have a chance. So the question is, will be be aggressive or conservative? Conservative loses this game, in my opinion.

Agreed. I'm not quite sure why Penn St is being treated like the greatest thing since sliced bread. Iowa has at least a puncher's chance and may very well be a better team than last year's squad.

If Iowa shows up on both sides of the ball, Penn St is going to be in for a fight.

Who's calling the game for ABC? Hopefully they are professionals and don't waste 20 minutes talking about the wave.

Last edited:
I think we all agree PSU is the better team. Most of us think PSU will win. But, Iowa does have some items they can use for motivation:

They don't allow Saquon Barkely to reach 3000 career rushing yards (121 yds away). This would most likely result in no big plays. Does our defense have the pride to not allow this to happen at Kinnick?
* No one is even considering Iowa has a chance. I just watched halftime of NC State @ FSU, they spent about 2 minutes talking about PSU. Not one word about Iowa, other than, mentioned the game is at Kinnick. That piss me off.
* Saquon Barkley this, Saquon Barkley that...not one mention of Akrum Wadley. AW, go to town tonight. O-Line, YOU control whether AW can go to town or not.

I am not going to call a Hawkeye victory because it will take a perfect game from us and PSU is legitimately good. But, never say never. Things can happen at Kinnick, at night. If Stanley can throw for 250 and 2 tds and we score 35 points, we'll have a chance. So the question is, will be be aggressive or conservative? Conservative loses this game, in my opinion.

Good coaches adjust in game. In a defensive fist fight, conservative can be very beneficial. We've seen Iowa win a lot of games kicking field goals and playing field position. Of course we've seen them lose a few doing that as well.

If it's a wide open, high scoring game you're going to have to be aggressive to make big plays to swing the game in your favor.

ESPN is talking about PSU and Barkley and dissing Iowa like a few fans are on HN.