Hawkeye Football Card Collectors?

43NickBellFan

I am putting together what I hope to be one of the best football card collections of former Hawkeye football players rookie cards. I have quite a few but I am still looking for some major ones. Is there anyone on the boards that has a similar collection? Share/brag/trade/sell?

The 2 that have alluded me the most are the 1951 Bowman Emlen Tunnell and the 1991 Pro Set Nick Bell Draft Day (The one that states and was prepared for if he would have been drafted #1by the 49ers).

I saw some Nile Kinnick cards at an antique shop here in Des Moines. His name was misspelled, so I don't know if that will increase or decrease the card's value. Apparently Top Flite or whoever made the card thought his name was Niles Kinnick. If anything it looks pretty sweet. They ask $100 but the guy could probably be talked down to about $70 or so. He was nice. I think the card values somewhere around $120-$140.

I started a couple years ago, not too seriously. It started with greenway and hodge and grew from there to sanders, clark, tippett, etc. It's fun, but new cards can be expensive, as I try to get autographed versions.

Latest posts