Hawkeye fan in Athens

Ben Rumson

My wife and I are in Athens Ga today.
We come down a couple times a year and decided to celebrate our 29th by taking in a Ga Bulldog game and then on to the Grand Old Opery. This game is a night game and their home coming.
So far it has been boring as hell. Shit us Hawk fans at this point would be drinking ourselves sober already. I will comment on the game atmosphere later but so far Athens ain't got crap on Ia City!

Nice. Couple guys I work with are Georgia fans. I've never been to Athens but have had a few good times in Savannah. Happy 29th.

Ok Hawk fans it's late, just got back to hotel and here is the short of it.
Night game 1st of the year, number 2 Georgia's homecoming playing Vanderbilt...
Wow what a let down....boring game, boring atmosphere, no real crowd interaction.
Kinnick for being about 25-30 thousand smaller in seating is 10 times louder.
Maybe it has to do with southern states having more manners but my God I think you hear more passion at a tennis match.
I really think we would intimidate the average Ga fan if they came to our house. We get louder, cuss, drunker, and hell of a lot more rowdy. The tailgating and whole game experience is not even close between the two. So much for the mighty sec.....but damn I do love Kinnick and the Hawks and all of you hawk fans! We may well just be ole Iowa but man we know how to do a game right!
Other observations,
Vandy fair cathes inside the 5 too!
Quick outs didn't work for Ga either! (Don't know why anyone calls them)
Speed....not even a contest. The players down here are fast! You notice right from the beginning of play.
Georgia can commit numerous stupid penalties and recover unlike Iowa and still lay the hammer down.
Any questions just ask? But we were really dissapointed in a venue you thought would be tops but found that Iowa's still the house for us!

Ok Hawk fans it's late, just got back to hotel and here is the short of it.
Night game 1st of the year, number 2 Georgia's homecoming playing Vanderbilt...
Wow what a let down....boring game, boring atmosphere, no real crowd interaction.
Kinnick for being about 25-30 thousand smaller in seating is 10 times louder.
Maybe it has to do with southern states having more manners but my God I think you hear more passion at a tennis match.
I really think we would intimidate the average Ga fan if they came to our house. We get louder, cuss, drunker, and hell of a lot more rowdy. The tailgating and whole game experience is not even close between the two. So much for the mighty sec.....but damn I do love Kinnick and the Hawks and all of you hawk fans! We may well just be ole Iowa but man we know how to do a game right!
Other observations,
Vandy fair cathes inside the 5 too!
Quick outs didn't work for Ga either! (Don't know why anyone calls them)
Speed....not even a contest. The players down here are fast! You notice right from the beginning of play.
Georgia can commit numerous stupid penalties and recover unlike Iowa and still lay the hammer down.
Any questions just ask? But we were really dissapointed in a venue you thought would be tops but found that Iowa's still the house for us!

Kinnick is extremely loud for a non-domed stadium.

And even louder now with the NEZ

Latest posts