Hawk women played very well; most all coming back

uihawk82

Rebounding and UConn's height and ability to get lot's of offensive rebounds was the difference. But otherwise, the ladyhawks moved the ball well, shot it pretty well (missed some bunnies and got fouled a bunch shooting it in close), and made a lot of defensive stops.

Clark a little off in the game shooting but did a lot of other things.

The one UConn gal Williams was way over her average in the first half to lead them and played great.

If Iowa could add another 6-3 or 6-4 tall center/forward it would help.

For all of Clark’s offensive skills, I think she is lazy when she doesn’t have the ball. She stands around and doesn’t move a ton and there were multiple times she didn’t make an effort to cross half court to play defense

For all of Clark’s offensive skills, I think she is lazy when she doesn’t have the ball. She stands around and doesn’t move a ton and there were multiple times she didn’t make an effort to cross half court to play defense
She dribbled the ball off her foot quite a bit and made horrible passes at times.

She dribbled the ball off her foot quite a bit and made horrible passes at times.

Wow you guys are tough critics. She was playing against the number 1 team which has some really great guards, quick and fast defensively. Clark played ok.

Clark had 5 assists and 5 turnovers against that team which are good numbers. She couldnt have dribbled the ball off her foot too many times or made more than one or two bad passes to only have 5 turnovers so not sure what you thought you saw. Whew

Coached HS girls in Iowa for 30 years. Clark is a great offensive player. She is a lazy defender, watches, not active, hands down, part of that is she is flying solo a lot on offense. Coach Bluder should have a top 10 recruiting class with all the publicity Clark is garnering. Guess what...not happening. Even though we have kids back they are not elite level ATHLETES. Until we have at least 2 more elite athletes the sweet 16 is the ceiling.

Coached HS girls in Iowa for 30 years. Clark is a great offensive player. She is a lazy defender, watches, not active, hands down, part of that is she is flying solo a lot on offense. Coach Bluder should have a top 10 recruiting class with all the publicity Clark is garnering. Guess what...not happening. Even though we have kids back they are not elite level ATHLETES. Until we have at least 2 more elite athletes the sweet 16 is the ceiling.
Didn't they just make an Elite 8 without elite level athletes?

They definitely needed clark to play over her head to compete but that did not happen. She took a lot of bad shots and seemed a bit out of her league to me. But you want to be the best you have to play the best..we have a ways to go and need some more talent thats apparent.

No they didn't, that was sweet 16, Clark didn't play a year ago. When we play top 10 teams we cannot match their athletes. Not a slam just the truth.
Pretty sure it was an Elite 8 run with Gustafson a couple of years ago before getting slaughtered by Baylor

Sure was. My point was we didn't have elite talent and made the Elite 8 so the guy I quoted was wrong.
The guy you quoted was me and you are wrong. Megan, Kathleen Doyle, MacKenzie Meyer. 1 B1G and national player of the year, future B1G player of the year (current WNBA player), and a stud power forward. We do not have that currently.

Good job of joining the other clowns with your trolling.

They definitely needed clark to play over her head to compete but that did not happen. She took a lot of bad shots and seemed a bit out of her league to me. But you want to be the best you have to play the best..we have a ways to go and need some more talent thats apparent.
Learn something, anything, about basketball before you post again. Thanks.

Goodman learned a lot this year. Maybe next year if we run into them again the Hawks might be able to utilize Monika and Sharon in at the same time. Our defense needs to improve a ton. That's the only thing that was really lacking in this game. Clark is the weakest link on the defensive side and got better as the year moved along. It takes awhile for a team to gel. Hawks just started to put it together late in the season. My goodness people this is a young team and they had to learn a whole new offense plus learning how to play with Caitlin. It's very hard to recruit 5* players but just maybe back to back terrific seasons and having Caitlin with a spotlight on the program that might help some with recruiting. Hawk fans are always the first to make sure they find fault with their teams. Just don't understand all the gloom and doom. Caitlin is a FRESHMAN! Whoever said she was in over her head is nothing but a troll! Get lost!

The guy you quoted was me and you are wrong. Megan, Kathleen Doyle, MacKenzie Meyer. 1 B1G and national player of the year, future B1G player of the year (current WNBA player), and a stud power forward. We do not have that currently.
You consider the girls you just named elite athletes?

Latest posts