Hauser’s transferring

How would Nunge, Garza, Kriener, and Pemsl feel about that?
Iowa isn’t going to get them so I don’t think it matters, they’ll probably have their pick of any school in the country. It’s just interesting that they are transferring and will have to sit a year when they both started and Marquette was projected as a top 10 team next year.

Kriener would graduate before they are eligible so not sure it matter. Sam plays the 3, Joey the 4 so it could effect play time down the road, but that would be quite away off.

Strange.

Has to be an interesting story behind the scenes.

UVA seems like a good fit.

The Hausers attended the same high school as Tony Bennett, the coach not the crooner.

I immediately think of Nebraska and their new coach.

Iowa would have the room would they not? I don't see it happening, but I wish it would. Those are good players.

What the heck is happening at Marquette? Didn't Iowa State have a Marquette transfer on their team this past season?

Iowa would have the room would they not? I don't see it happening, but I wish it would. Those are good players.

I wonder if the Hoiberg boy is going to transfer from Mich St. to Nebraska now. He was a walk on.

Iowa could definitely make it work for them.

Much of the speculation on Twitter is they want to go to a final four contender, so that probably eliminates Nebraska and Iowa as well. It’s just strange though because as I mentioned Marquette was supposed to be a top 10 team next year with Markus Howard announcing his return.

The fact that you would choose to sit out a year over staying in what on paper looked like a pretty good situation is odd indeed, and it’s likely that something else happened there.

Iowa could definitely make it work for them.

Much of the speculation on Twitter is they want to go to a final four contender, so that probably eliminates Nebraska and Iowa as well. It’s just strange though because as I mentioned Marquette was supposed to be a top 10 team next year with Markus Howard announcing his return.

The fact that you would choose to sit out a year over staying in what on paper looked like a pretty good situation is odd indeed, and it’s likely that something else happened there.

Oh yeah for sure. WOJO is gonna have to do some explaining here. I read that they've had more attrition then they'd care for the last few years. As an outsider, he seems like a guy who would rub people the wrong way, but I think you could say the same thing about Fran.

I bet not, but I honestly don't know. I am sure it's been discussed by MSU fans and Nebraska media and fans.
I could be wrong, but I seem to remember reading that Fred's kid went to MSU to get into coaching. Going to be around Dad doesn't seem like the best thing to do. They can always talk/teach/learn. Whatever we think about Izzo, he'd be a good one to learn from.

Fantasy land for a second here.

Imagine this 2020 lineup:
PG: Toussaint (penetrator)
SG: Wieskamp 6’6 (7’ wingspan / 42.4% 3P)
SF: S Hauser 6’8 (14+ PPG last 2 / 44.5% 3P)
PF: J Hauser 6’9 (18 top 50 recruit / 42.5% 3P)
C: Foster 7’ (2020 Top 50 recruit)

That’s not even including Garza, Nunge, or Pat Mac.

That would be amazing. But unfortunately, I think it's more likely we end up playing them twice a year now that Transfer U has opened shop out west.

That would be amazing. But unfortunately, I think it's more likely we end up playing them twice a year now that Transfer U has opened shop out west.
Early speculation is Virginia or Michigan State. Don’t think they will consider Nebraska given the current state of the Roster.

Early speculation is Virginia or Michigan State. Don’t think they will consider Nebraska given the current state of the Roster.

Is there any hope that Fran could swoop in and nab these two?

I'll make Fran's pitch. Cook and Dailey's scholarships are now open for the two positions they play so no worries about how you'll fit in to the roster. You get to play with Wieskamp, Nunge, Garza, and Patrick. Certainly looks like we have the horses for a title run with that level of talent and shooting all over the floor and on the bench. Also keeps them way closer to home than Virginia and even Michigan State. A 4.5 hour drive is a lot easier than a 7+ hour drive that skirts Chicago traffic or a 15+ hour drive to Charlottesville. Also, much more of a family environment around here than any other team out there. I mean, there's a possibility we could play line ups with two sets of brothers!

I wonder if freshman Foster would start over senior Garza. Hopefully we get to find out. Last I saw, Foster mostly played on the perimeter anyway so maybe they could both start.

I wonder if freshman Foster would start over senior Garza. Hopefully we get to find out. Last I saw, Foster mostly played on the perimeter anyway so maybe they could both start.
I wasn't even thinking starting lineup necessarily, more so just an athletic lineup with a bunch of shooters that could be very good on both ends.

Strange.

Has to be an interesting story behind the scenes.

UVA seems like a good fit.

The Hausers attended the same high school as Tony Bennett, the coach not the crooner.

How old are u?

Latest posts