Harbaugh Not Happy with Media Questions

No coach likes taking those questions. You'd think he could handle it better than that. I have no clue what the kids did but he was probably justified in doing so. He seems like such a players coach that they'd have to really step out of line for him to do that. Just hope he doesn't use that and go to Martin to tell him look we have a WR spot for ya now.... Ughh.

I know some folks with disagree, but I think those questions were fair and OK to be asked, especially the one about how long the suspensions will run. I get that the coach wants to keep everything in house but what he announced, but I think the fans are interested in what was asked and that's the reporters' job. And the coach certainly has the right to say no comment.

I totally agree the questions were fair too. And I don't know why more coaches don’t just say no comment to questions they don’t want to answer. No reason to get all huffy and walk out. Reporters will eventually get the hint and ask something else. It’s just everyone doing their job.

watch Big Ten Elite - the 1985 Iowa Football edition. An out take from Rob Houghtlin says it all. He had Harbaugh pegged 30 years ago.

watch Big Ten Elite - the 1985 Iowa Football edition. An out take from Rob Houghtlin says it all. He had Harbaugh pegged 30 years ago.
I've seen that. Ole Rob Houghtlin is a character himself. Yeah Jim didn't endear himself to his peers. Love him if he's your QB but not so much against him. That whole era of fans having to be quiet enough to hear the cadence was ridiculous... I love those shows giving some backround to how those good ole days went.

He never gets tired of the follow up questions when he's being praised or talking about the great team he has. He's as big a dick now as he was when he played at Michigan.

Say what you want but JH and Urban are the two best things to hit the B1G in a long long time.

He better win early and often. Because anything less than that, he's gonna like the questions a lot less.

You only put up with a coach like this if he is winning, a lot. Otherwise...he'll wear really thin, really fast.
Your not kidding... They have some pretty high expectations. If they have a loss or two before playing Iowa boy oh boy will they be out with pitchforks. It's winning the East for them or bust.

What happened?
At the time, referees would call discretionary time outs because of "excessive" crowd noise. Harbaugh used this several times, stopping play and regrouping Michigan at key points in the game.

Houghtlin basically called Harbaugh a crybaby for doing this.

This reminds me of the M*A*S*H episode in which Hawkeye and Trapper try to acquire an incubator. They attend a press conference in which the baffoonish General Mitchell gets frustrated by incubator questions and says, "Now just a minute! This is a press conference! The last thing I want to do is answer a lot of questions!"

Latest posts