Greg Davis is coming back next season

QuadCityHawkeye

I've heard now from two people close to the program that Greg Davis plans on returning next season and Kirk Ferentz wants him to come back. Davis has no plans to retire and Ferentz is not going to force him out.

Not trying to start rumors here just passing along what I have heard and I'm not really happy hearing it. If I happen to be wrong I'll never post hear-say again but I trust these people as they've provided solid info in the past.

Unfortunately it makes sense. I am sure if Iowa had a better year this year, KF would have promoted Brian to OC. But with the tough finish, even KF knows better then to do it this year. If they rebound next year with better results, then I could see it play out like so many have predicted.

If Iowa had some semblance of a running game this year, the record would be a lot better than 7-5. That's not on Davis.

If KF played CJ, that would have been even better.

Don't think that Davis is a big a factor in this season as people would like to believe.

Just would like 1 difference - fewer receivers in the rotation..and a scheme that provided better integration of the jet sweep.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it makes sense. I am sure if Iowa had a better year this year, KF would have promoted Brian to OC. But with the tough finish, even KF knows better then to do it this year. If they rebound next year with better results, then I could see it play out like so many have predicted.

This has been my contention for several weeks now. kfootball doesn't have the goodwill to promote BF after this season. Plus, if things do not improve, BF's coaching reputation is insulated. Keep in mind that, with another season like 2014, the 2015 season could be the end of the for kfootball. He needs a contract extension no later than the end of the 2015 season so that he isn't a lame duck on the recruiting trails.

I agree that if CJ would have started or at least shared some of the reps Iowa would have wine at least 2 more games and no that's not Davis. I will say Davis directly had a hand in the losses against Iowa St and Maryland.

If so, Kirk has officially lost my support.

I thought he would be smart enough to realize a change on offense was needed.

Fire Ferentz... First time I've ever typed that. Feels pretty good.

Greg Davis is not the problem. He is a yes man to captain clueless until he promotes Brian to OC. Davis wants CJ at qb, much like KOK wanted Stanzi over JC. Ferentz is the problem with Iowa football, it begins and ends with him.

Greg Davis is not the problem. He is a yes man to captain clueless until he promotes Brian to OC. Davis wants CJ at qb, much like KOK wanted Stanzi over JC. Ferentz is the problem with Iowa football, it begins and ends with him.

I know the offense was better with KOK. Both GD and KOK had to deal with answering to Ferentz. And that's why I blame GD.

Did you expect different? It's not Davis anyway. Ferentz gives Davis his menu then he says pick from these. CJ would make Davis look better anyway.

I know the offense was better with KOK. Both GD and KOK had to deal with answering to Ferentz. And that's why I blame GD.

I think KOK could look better tho cuz he ran more of what Kirk wanted so he didnt limit him as much. He could trust KOK easier because he ran more of a conservative pro style. Davis runs a spread so Kirk has more of a hold on him amd gives him his options. Davis isnt as conservative so he limits him a lot more than he did KOK I feel like. So KOK could take some shots that Davis can't.

Why would GD want to come back if it's the relationship you guys describe being force fed the playbook for a struggling offense??

Why would GD want to come back if it's the relationship you guys describe being force fed the playbook for a struggling offense??

Cuz where else his he gonna go? He def isnt gonna get another job in major college football. Maybe he has hope he cam earn the trust to take comand?

Not even goin to speculate as I have no information on why KOK decided to leave.

Apologist bonafides confirmed.

BTW, go back and look at the offensive rankings with KOK. They were pretty bad. Now they're just worse. Guess who is responsible for that pattern?

Latest posts