Gabe Olaseni's brother signs with Utah football

I didn't see Iowa on his offer list there.... Asleep at the wheel? I know we can't get em all but a kid with ties to the school that's 6'8 330 and that good of a prospect seems like someone we should have been in on...
What's his big bro been up to? Haven't heard that name in awhile. Always liked and admired him.

It's more that we didn't have room for him. We signed 2 4-star tackles, plus are currently set at tackle with Wirfs, Jackson, and Kallenberger. Given that Bamidele is a JUCO Jr, he likely wants to play now, so Iowa wasn't a very good fit.

Agreed maybe we don't have a perfect open spot for him. But could we have made room? Could one of the tackles move into guard, opening up a tackle spot for Olaseni? Is he even that good / hard to say?

You can't blame a JuCo guy that wants to play right away. But if he comes in as a junior, couldn't he spend his first year learning, adjusting, and breaking into the team? This would set him up for a senior year with a chance to start and I bet he'd hit it out of the park. With his talent, if he had a good senior year, he'd be a sure thing draft pick.

I kind of feel like the days of the dominant, mean Iowa O-lines are gone. We still have loads of talent and guys like Blythe are killing in the league. But our O-Line is nowhere near the best in the conference and we don't run the ball well. I would love to see them get aggressive and go after a guy like this (admittedly I know nothing about him as a player, other than the fact that he's a mountain).

Latest posts