Fran sips a little T

1hawkeye1

So what was that all about vs Wisconsin? Announcers had no idea, even after going back over the tape. I haven't heard or read about it yet.

Any ideas what FM was so upset about?

So what was that all about vs Wisconsin? Announcers had no idea, even after going back over the tape. I haven't heard or read about it yet.

I think he was upset at the play at the other end just before. I cant totally remember but it was the possession where the ball clearly went off wisky but they said marble touched it.

Marble was beside himself and I think fran was just tired of all the grabbing and hacking and had enough.

Anyone have a replay of the possession at the other end before his tech?

It wasn't because of the language necessarily, it was because he came out of the box so far that got him T'ed.

At first I thought Borowski T'ed him but it wasn't.

He was upset because of the disparity between the calls on different ends.

I think this one was needed. He got his point across. However Bo was just as far out of the box yelling twice in the second half.

#youlookfunnybo

It was building up from the previous possessions. He said he wasnt trying to get T'd up there, but I have a hard time believing it. I mean the guy was 10 feet on the floor pointing and yelling at the official on the other side for a decent period of time.

Wasnt the possession before the T where the Wisky guy got the ball on his back and threw it out of bounds and they called it off Marble? Plus Woddy had been getting hammered for about 5 minutes.

All that

It wasn't because of the language necessarily, it was because he came out of the box so far that got him T'ed.

At first I thought Borowski T'ed him but it wasn't.

He was upset because of the disparity between the calls on different ends.

Bo got away with a lot worse last night...

I can't stand this from Bo. And he does it at least 3-4 times a game.
bo-ryan.jpg

Pretty sure he got T'd up because one of the Wiscy players grabbed the ball after it went through the hoop on a made basket. You could read his lips asking that at least a delay of game warning should be issued. If I remember correctly Wisconsin was notorious for trying to slow the game down by doing this last year against us and trying to prevent us from getting down the floor quickly.

I think it had to do with the officials allowing Wisconsin to play very aggressively while not letting Iowa play quite as aggressively. B10 officials are the worst, no consistency and some games they'll just the teams hack it out like they think they're officiating a football game instead.

Knew he was going to get a T that game after the first 5 minutes. If I remember right there were 5 fouls on Iowa and none on Wisky. And one of the five fouls was a charge that was a total look at me moment for the ref on marble where the guy was still running with him and the opposite of being set. Not that it mattered because at this point we would have found another way to lose that game.

On a side note...does anybody think Boroski looks like Mean Gene Chizik? He reffed the Purdue Villanova game earlier this year and had the worst screwjob/look at the monitor call I have ever seen and screwed Purdue out of a win. Again, I don't think at this point it matters on the road what the refs are like because we are finding ways to lose, but he is a terrible ref.

You don't necessarily have to be set to draw an offensive foul. If you have good defensive position, even while moving with your man, you can draw the charge if the offensive player puts a shoulder into you or pushes off. Which Marble did.

He was initially upset about the horrible "and 1" they called against Marble when he gave a feeble attempt at a charge. I can't remember which player was going to the hoop, but Marble got out of the way and was called for a foul. It was a horrible call and that set Fran off.

Marble dropped his shoulder and extended his arm. Definite charge. Good call. White was lucky he didn't get one at the end fo the game as well. But you could call that quite often if you were a stickler.

Also did you see Bo freaking out when JO juked some guy right out of his jock, there was no foul the guy just fell, but Bo was ranting and raving ecstatically.

He was initially upset about the horrible "and 1" they called against Marble when he gave a feeble attempt at a charge. I can't remember which player was going to the hoop, but Marble got out of the way and was called for a foul. It was a horrible call and that set Fran off.

It was Evans. I'm convinced 90% of all calls are made with the assumption that something is going to happen, probably about 80% of those times it does, but the other 10% are the bs, "what are seeing" call come from.

You don't necessarily have to be set to draw an offensive foul. If you have good defensive position, even while moving with your man, you can draw the charge if the offensive player puts a shoulder into you or pushes off. Which Marble did.

Yeah that was definitely a charge

I thought it was a no call on a traveling violation by Evans......

Latest posts