Fran, 2nd place, tied with Lute for wins at Iowa

karras

If anyone ever says anything bad about him again I will send PCHawk/racer/Dean/Ingoodco/Huckfinn/Gester/westender/BVHawk/Pythagoras/SteveGarvey/Stanzi (not to be confused with StanziUSA) over to your house to go Hannibal Lector on you.
You've been warned.

Last edited:
Congratulations to FRAN!
Great coaching job last night.
Kept guys fresh, pushed the right buttons.

Putting Garza on pine with two fouls was needed. LG was a monster in the second half. See how this works Liestikow and Miller?

If anyone every says anything bad about him again I will send PCHawk/Dean/Ingoodco/Huckfinn/Gester/westender/BVHawk/Pythagoras/SteveGarvey/Stanzi (not to be confused with StanziUSA) over to your house to go Hannibal Lector on you.
You've been warned.

Great accomplishment for 2 NCAA Tournament wins.. Maybe Barta will Sign Fran up to a lifetime contract at Iowa. It only took Fran almost 40 more games to do it. We got ourselves a winner.

Great win! However, March is what matters most. Fran makes it to a couple Sweet 16 and he can be considered along with Lute legacy wise. Sorry but Fran’s teams have been irrelevant in post season.

Not convinced on Fran, but I have to admit, he is having a good year. Tonight's win is not one Iowa typically gets. I totally thought hoosiers by double digits. 18 wins and counting.

If anyone ever says anything bad about him again I will send PCHawk/racer/Dean/Ingoodco/Huckfinn/Gester/westender/BVHawk/Pythagoras/SteveGarvey/Stanzi (not to be confused with StanziUSA) over to your house to go Hannibal Lector on you.
You've been warned.

Winning % baby... %... not gross number. There's a whole lotta people who don't know shit about statistics and their interpretation.

He's tied with Lute for wins...but has 32 more losses. The winning % ain't even close. .647 vs .574 (FYI, Fran has "losingest" coach wrapped up...nobody else is even close the the # of Ls he has)

He's behind Pops Harrison, Bucky O'Conner, Ralph Miller, Olson, Raveling, Davis and Alford in winning % (meaning everybody in the last 75 years except Sharm Scheuerman and Lickliter) How bout we cancel the parade.

Reality is a bitch.

Last edited:
There is a really good chance he will be here at least 4 more years. That would put him even with Davis for years here. I doubt that will he quite enough to pass him (hopefully it will) but if he stays at all past Patrick graduating he will be Iowa's all time winningest coach. How crazy would that be?

Winning % baby... %... not gross number. There's a whole lotta people who don't know shit about statistics and their interpretation.

He's tied with Lute for wins...but has 32 more losses. The winning % ain't even close. .647 vs .574

He's behind Pops Harrison, Bucky O'Conner, Ralph Miller, Olson, Raveling, Davis and Alford in winning % (meaning everybody in the last 75 years except Sharm Scheuerman and Lickliter) How bout we cancel the parade.

Reality is a bitch.
78.2 is the only percentage I care about right now. Definitely not the last 75 years.

Here's another. 83.3%. Bohannon's free throw shooting with end of game pressure.

I am well aware of Fran's legacy and have commented on it many times. It's mired in mediocrity. And many places wouldn't have given a coach nine years to get to this point. Mark Fox at Georgia was well documented last April.

But this year feels different. KenPom has us 42nd in the country in "luck", verifying what the eyes see; we're showing more poise in close games.

I'm enjoying this year. How's that for reality?

Last edited:
There is a really good chance he will be here at least 4 more years. That would put him even with Davis for years here. I doubt that will he quite enough to pass him (hopefully it will) but if he stays at all past Patrick graduating he will be Iowa's all time winningest coach. How crazy would that be?

Barring a Lickliter-like cratering of the program or massive NCAA infractions it is an iron-clad guarantee he will be here at least that long.

78.2 is the only percentage I care about right now. Definitely not the last 75 years.

Here's another. 83.3%. Bohannon's free throw shooting with end of game pressure.

I am well aware of Fran's legacy and have commented on it many times. It's mired in mediocrity. And many places wouldn't have given a coach nine years to get to this point. Mark Fox at Georgia was well documented last April.

But this year feels different. KenPom has us 42nd in the country in "luck", verifying what the eyes see; we're showing more poise in close games.

I'm enjoying this year. How's that for reality?

This team is playing great! No doubt. Could be Fran's best squad yet.

I'm just not big on fluff stats which are deceiving.

Latest posts