? for Rob - TJ Bollers

Casey388

Hey @RobHowe , there is a chance you have gone over this and I just missed it. But I was wondering, is Iowa out on TJ Bollers? According to 24-7 (which isn't 100% accurate) they have his final 5 as not including Iowa. Wasn't sure exactly what is going on there.

Thanks in advance!

I'm obviously not Rob but I never got the impression Iowa was a strong contender for Bollers. Wisconsin always seemed to be his clear top choice with Nebraska up there as well. I believe Stanford would interest him if they offered. From what I know it's very unlikely he stays in state.

I interviewed and wrote about TJ Bollers last month: LINK

After that interview, Iowa contacted him. Brian and Kirk were scheduled to attend his basketball game but it ended up being postponed by bad weather.

I reached out to him on Jan. 28 to see if the Iowa coaches had rescheduled and he said he had not heard from anyone from there after the initial reconnection after my story. I have not contact TJB in the last couple weeks.

Thanks for the update Rob! Hard to see such a great talent from so close to home go somewhere else but if it isn't the right fit I can't blame the kid.

That's not the rosiest picture ya'll are painting for us on him. Hope if we don't get him he goes out west to Stanford then. Don't want to go up against him just because he thinks he 'fits' somewhere else better. I think he'd fit great in black and gold. But my 2 cents is usually worth less then that

Yawn, kids a stud but fit is everything. He doesn’t see himself as an every down hand in the dirt end. Can not fault him for this but i from the little film I’ve seen do not see him being an all everything LB.

Not fluid enough w his size to run w WR or TE at the next level IMO. I know zero and take this for what it’s worth, I hope he excels and it’s his choice but going to Iowa and learning how to play DE in the D Iowa playa is his best bet at going Pro.

this kid has been playing "big timer" since recruitment began.

Iowa was never big enough for him. With today's Bama offer, he is gone.

I agree that he always thought he was too good for Iowa or that Iowa didn’t pay him enough attention. I think the Iowa coaches picked up on the vibe that the kid is a me first instead of a team first kinda kid. At least that’s the vibe I’m getting. You think his dad being a former hawk would keep the kid grounded. Well guess what TJ, if you are too good for us, good luck and goodbye. We want teammates, not no Prima Donna’s. You don’t deserve the experience and knowledge that Iowa could give you if you don’t get your head right. You could have been living the dream. Go someplace like Alabama and see if they don’t recruit over you next year. Good luck to ya. I think Iowa is right for you but you might not be right for us with your mindset.

I agree that he always thought he was too good for Iowa or that Iowa didn’t pay him enough attention. I think the Iowa coaches picked up on the vibe that the kid is a me first instead of a team first kinda kid. At least that’s the vibe I’m getting. You think his dad being a former hawk would keep the kid grounded. Well guess what TJ, if you are too good for us, good luck and goodbye. We want teammates, not no Prima Donna’s. You don’t deserve the experience and knowledge that Iowa could give you if you don’t get your head right. You could have been living the dream. Go someplace like Alabama and see if they don’t recruit over you next year. Good luck to ya. I think Iowa is right for you but you might not be right for us with your mindset.
We don’t know any of this. To attack him personally is a litte out of bounds. Do I think from the little film he’s a better DE than LB sure but what do I know.

the comments about Iowa not coming to Press is weird but to say not honest and prima Donna for a kid trying to decide what’s best for HIM is a little much.

I think his best interests are to go to Iowa but I’m not him and damn sure not going to attack/accuse/state what I interpret as him or his character. He done nothing wrong get over it bruh.

We don’t know any of this. To attack him personally is a litte out of bounds. Do I think from the little film he’s a better DE than LB sure but what do I know.

the comments about Iowa not coming to Press is weird but to say not honest and prima Donna for a kid trying to decide what’s best for HIM is a little much.

I think his best interests are to go to Iowa but I’m not him and damn sure not going to attack/accuse/state what I interpret as him or his character. He done nothing wrong get over it bruh.
All I said is that is the vibe I’m getting from him. I have a right to my opinion bruh!

All I said is that is the vibe I’m getting from him. I have a right to my opinion bruh!
Weak ass opinion to call out a minors charactor and choice cause it’s different. Have some class and act like an adult not an ass. Taking shots at a kid because he doesn’t want to go to Iowa is weak. You can talk about the football stuff, I agree that’s what this forum
Is for. Your opinion and taking shots at his character and what you think he is IMO a little inappropriate and uncalled for. You don’t know jack shit about him personally, neither do I. commenting on somebody you don’t know who’s a minor because They don’t want to go to your school of choice is absolutely bush league and weak. You can paint it anyway you want to.

Weak ass opinion to call out a minors charactor and choice cause it’s different. Have some class and act like an adult not an ass. Taking shots at a kid because he doesn’t want to go to Iowa is weak. You can talk about the football stuff, I agree that’s what this forum
Is for. Your opinion and taking shots at his character and what you think he is IMO a little inappropriate and uncalled for. You don’t know jack shit about him personally, neither do I. commenting on somebody you don’t know who’s a minor because They don’t want to go to your school of choice is absolutely bush league and weak. You can paint it anyway you want to.
I don’t think it’s a weak ass opinion. The kid doesn’t want to put his hand in the dirt. If he wants to play in a 3-4 or 4-3 defense, that’s his right. But he doesn’t have to be butthurt that Iowa isn’t paying him enough attention when he doesn’t intend on playing Iowa’s style of defense in the first place. He and Iowa need to part ways and leave it at that. There are plenty of other kids that are interested in playing for the Hawks and don’t think we need to waste our time on him, 4 star or not. Cause the guys that come to Iowa are guys that want to be here. If you don’t fit, you don’t fit. He says he hasn’t heard much from the Hawkeyes except for an appearance to a game by KF and Woods. Well he made it clear that he’d rather play a defense similar to Nebraska’s or Wisconsin’s, so let him go there. He doesn’t have to pretend he is even considering Iowa. Regardless, he is still gonna have to play against those tackles anyway. We aren’t gonna change how we play defense just to suit him. Call me want you want, but I speak the truth. If the truth hurts, so be it. But I think your snowflake ass is more butthurt over my opinion than he is.

Watching him play basketball and have definitely been underwhelmed by his athleticism. Unless he moved inside to DT (which he could excel at) I have a hard time picturing him being a big time performer at LB. Jack Campbell was a much better athlete in high school.

Culture fit matters to Iowa. It's not just how good you are. Obviously that's big too but if for some reason that fit/vibe isn't just right Iowa's coaches aren't afraid to keep looking. I have no idea if that's the case here or not but maybe.. There's usually a reason for things like this.