First time in Kinnick

marshallcart

Saturday was my first time in Kinnick. There were 10 of us, 4 die-hard Hawk fans and 6 Badger fans. We stopped by a Hawkeye tailgate and were treated like kings. In the stadium, we sat right under the giant screen in the south end-zone, so we had a good view of the game. I have to say, the crowd was very loud and supportive of the home team. And, we couldn't have been treated better, by everyone. Hawk fans are friendly, engaging, and enthusiastic! It was a fantastic experience! After the game, we went down to see the 3D mural of Nile Kinnick v. Notre Dame, and then we went out to see the Kinnick Statue. All very impressive and it all made for a memorable weekend. I will tell everyone about my great time in Iowa City!

Glad you enjoyed yourself and the Kinnick experience. Despite the outcome I thought it was one hell of a game and good show, despite the first half and outcome.

Glad to hear we treated you well. From what i hear opposing fans are not given the same courtesy in vadger town. "A s s hole a s s hole".

Nice OP! I generally think that Iowa fans and WI fans get along alright. Its MN fans that are ignoramouses. I hope you guys tar and feather the Goofs this weekend.

I won't deny that some "enemies" may be mis-treated at Camp Randall, every fan base has their share of jack-*****. I'm sure I could find some Badger fans that did not have a positive experience. But I did, and I think most trips to opponents stadiums are positive ones. It's kind of a mid-west deal, don't you think?

Most of the Badger and Gopher fans are great.

There are bad actors in every stadium. You just ignore them

I have never had a bad experience at an away game. However, a good buddy always does....and he usually brings it upon himself with his belligerent behavior....and that's my theory - the people that have negative experiences usually bring it upon themselves. It has stood up to the test of time.

Now, the one exception is at the University of Arizona. I didn't attend in 2010, but the stories from mild mannered friends that did were unbelievable.

I have never had a bad experience at an away game. However, a good buddy always does....and he usually brings it upon himself with his belligerent behavior....and that's my theory - the people that have negative experiences usually bring it upon themselves. It has stood up to the test of time.

Now, the one exception is at the University of Arizona. I didn't attend in 2010, but the stories from mild mannered friends that did were unbelievable.

I had a great time up in Minny a few weeks ago (minus the game of course). We tailgated right across the street in a donor lot right next to some Gopher fans who had a perfect mini-replica of Floyd, complete with the scores and everything. It was freakin amazing! After the game, almost nobody gloated about the outcome and thanked us for coming up. I think they were as shocked by the outcome as we were!

Latest posts