First Iowa offensive play of Indiana game

Gibsonian

It's hard to pick this one but I'll go off on a wild tangent and say - Weisman run left side.

What is your prediction?

yep. lot of that so far. I'll say we won't see straight drop back. I'll go with play action short pass.

Personally if its CJ I'd like to see them let him run and get the butterflies out. Waggle includes running and easy pass. so maybe that's it.

Play action.

Tevaun Smith ends up WIDE OPEN on a deep post. Hamilton is WIDE OPEN in the middle of the field on a dig route.

Jake pumps once, feels phantom pressure, bails out of the pocket and is tripped up for a 1 yard gain.

2nd and 9.

yep. lot of that so far. I'll say we won't see straight drop back. I'll go with play action short pass.

Personally if its CJ I'd like to see them let him run and get the butterflies out. Waggle includes running and easy pass. so maybe that's it.

Rudock is supposed to get the start but the waggle for CJ with hard play action sounds great for his first play.

I think the offensive coaches are going to try to pass to open up the run so I could see play action for Rudock also.

I hope to see a lot of Canzeri and Weisman also because I think the hawks can run decently against IU and get a good balance.

I would sure like to see us get our TEs more involved. I'd like to see a straight drop and hit Duzey on a seam route right down the middle of the field.

Then the stretch play with a (hopefully) healthy Canzeri to the right with a cut-back to the left.

2 QB set lined up shotgun.

Paper Rock Scissors for 20 seconds

Best 3 out of 5 gets to take the snap.

Out route to Duzey for 2.64 feet.

fullback dive three times in a row then punt. That should quiet the crowd down. When the boos come out thats when Davis know they wont see it coming. Then booom 8 yard pass to a tight end suckas!!!!!!

Probably a pass of some sort. I expect KF will have instructed GD to call a lot of pass plays early on for Rudock, so that KF can say "I told you so" (meaning Jake can actually throw the ball downfield more than once or twice), so that Rudock can remain the starter and get the vast majority of (if not all) snaps.

It's hard to pick this one but I'll go off on a wild tangent and say - Weisman run left side.

What is your prediction?

Ive predicted this every game for like the last three years and it seems as much as we run it it's never the first play. I think I'll go with ten yard curl to KMM.

We do pass often on our first play, and I'm sure I'll catch crap for saying this.. But it's always the start of my emotional roller coaster Kinnick experience.

"Oh look theyre opening it up!"

followed by 2.5 quarters of closing it down. Then opening it up again when it's absolutely necessary.

thats what kills me about this team, I honestly don't think its that they're incapable athletes, we just don't utilize them for 4 quarters of the game. Dang it I wanna see a favorable blow-out in Kinnick!

Ill settle for a win.

Triple Reverse. I was at the Georgia / Tennessee game and Tennessee actually ran a triple reverse...and it worked. How about we run the flee flicker where Weisman pitches back to the QB and he throws long.

Seemed like Hayden always had one trick play per game. I think kf should have one per game. You don't know when, you don't know how, but we know it's gonna happen.

Latest posts