Final Four

HawkForce

Anyone else totally disinterested? Without any real "story" I haven't watched a single minute of this years elite 8/final 4.

Yawn.

It gets old watching the same recycled teams year in and year out. Without a cinderella this year the enjoyment factor is not as high.

Was just thinking how this is about the most disinterested I have been for the Final Four. If my son wasn't excited about it I probably wouldn't watch at all.

At least in bball the small schools have a chance to compete, making it interesting at times. Whether we like or not the two major college sports are dominated by the same cast of characters. As a youth I was yet to recognize this and it still held some suspense.

Is there anyway that Kentucky and Kansas can both lose? I will probably watch a little of it but I could really care less.

I swiched over to Memphis Vs. Milwaukee. I did watch the final couple of minutes though.

Couple of gutsy defensive plays and lazy passes.

I will be the 'get off my lawn' guy in this thread the product just isn't the same as it was 20, 25 years ago. That being said I will watch I am a college bball fan.

When it comes to the final 4, title game, give me big boy basketball I want stars and teams from power conferences. The cinderella, mid major stuff is great til you reach the final four.

Anyone else totally disinterested? Without any real "story" I haven't watched a single minute of this years elite 8/final 4.

Yawn.

Why in the world would you post crap like this?

Basketball fans are very interested. Basketball fans watched an exciting game tonight.

I'm not interested in quantum physics, but I don't post on quantum physics boards saying I'm not interested.

I picked Kentucky, Michigan State, Ohio State, and Kansas, to go to the "Final 4" at the Athlon Sports Bracket Breakdown bracket contest. I also picked Kentucky over Kansas in the championship game. Two of the best storied programs in NCAA college basketball history. I just felt Kentucky has the best team this season. Ohio State had a nice run in tourney. Craft and the Bucknutz just blew it at end vs Kansas. What happened with Michigan State vs Louisville?; that was ugly to say the least!

BTW hawkeyes50158, I really like your avatar pic. Have any more pics to share?

Yeah because everyone enjoyed a horrible title game last year when Cinderella shot 18% for the game.

Last year's title game was horrible, no doubt. But Butler was in it the year before as well, and it was an excellent game. I agree with Samson - I'm tired of watching the same group of programs dominate the sport. Ditto for college football.

It was refreshing seeing Florida win back to back titles a few years back, 'Cuse in 2003, etc. Although it could be a great game, I have little interest in watching Kentucky and Kansas try for what will be the 11th national title between the two programs.

Last edited:
It gets old watching the same recycled teams year in and year out. Without a cinderella this year the enjoyment factor is not as high.

I would much rather watch a final four with all high seeds than one like we had last year. I like a few upsets in the first few rounds, but in the end I want to see the big boys playing. Give me a L'Ville-Kentucky matchup over a VCU-Butler final four game any day.

Yeah because everyone enjoyed a horrible title game last year when Cinderella shot 18% for the game.

Unfortunately, in 2011 Butler didn't have the type of game they did in 2010. You have to admit the idea of a little school from Indiana beating a mighty Duke or Uconn holds your attention.

Latest posts