Favorite Iowa State Moment

HawkGold

Last year's punt return is honorable mention to me. My favorite was as a kid (so my memory may be off some) when a player on the sideline stopped a Colorado Buf kickoff return touchdown. Does anyone have more of the story?

My favorite recent ISU moment is bittersweet. Their epic meltdown against K-State where they were up by a TD with just over a minute left and had the ball and only needed to kneel to run out the clock and still somehow lost the game. Unfortunately that was the final nail in the coffin for Rhodes and now they actually have a good coach.

My favorite recent ISU moment is bittersweet. Their epic meltdown against K-State where they were up by a TD with just over a minute left and had the ball and only needed to kneel to run out the clock and still somehow lost the game. Unfortunately that was the final nail in the coffin for Rhodes and now they actually have a good coach.

Wasn't Row-adds like .500 against Kirk though? But Kirk can't seem to lose against Campbell, so maybe it did work out for the better? He's 5-0 versus Campbell now, right? Or 4-0?

My favorite moment was when McCarney was still around. It's been a while, but they were playing against Missouri for a North division title in Jack Trice. I was there with my dad, also a Hawkeye fan, to see my brother in the ISU marching band. It was freezing balls. I couldn't feel any of my toes by the end of it. Anyway, all ISU has to do is a hit a chip shot FG to seal the victory. Nope, misses it, and their B12 championship hopes crumbled.

1977_iowa_state_fail.jpg

I'll give ya the best goddamn 4:29 seconds of your life...

Volume up, please...

Sash and Greenwood had career games that day.

Sash had 10 tackles, 2 for loss, 3 interceptions returned for 63 yards, and a forced fumble.

Greenwood had 6 tackles, 2 interceptions, and 4 passes defended.

I don't know of many since I don't watch their games because I don't give a shit. But if I had to pick one from looking at box scores it would have to be the time they lost to North Dakota State. For those who don't know, North Dakota State is a so-called "FCS" program. Granted, it is a good one, but a FBS program should NEVER lose to a FCS program. The fact that Iowa State is such a bunch of jagoffs that they lost to North Dakota State is just absolutely hilarious. What a turd of a program.

Paul Rhodes doing a guitar concert on the sidelines.

Marshal Yanda committing murder.

Dude trying to catch a punt with his shoulder blades.

"It's been fun kicking your ass for 4 years"

Hayden's flea flicker in Ames (vivid memory as I was in attendance and said that Iowa should run a trick play to rub it in.)

UAB and Hampton

Andy Brodell punt return

ISU's now 22 season losing streak to Iowa in baseball

Wide right to end chance for division title

Larry Eustachy + Natty Lite = hilarity

The fact that ISU has a website called WideRightNattyLite

widerightnattylight.jpg

Last edited:
I'll give ya the best goddamn 4:29 seconds of your life...

Volume up, please...

Awesome!

I'll admit, though, that at the beginning when the dumbass students were falling down the bleachers, I thought the song was saying "dumb shit".

I don't know of many since I don't watch their games because I don't give a shit. But if I had to pick one from looking at box scores it would have to be the time they lost to North Dakota State. For those who don't know, North Dakota State is a so-called "FCS" program. Granted, it is a good one, but a FBS program should NEVER lose to a FCS program. The fact that Iowa State is such a bunch of jagoffs that they lost to North Dakota State is just absolutely hilarious. What a turd of a program.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400869656

Wasn't Row-adds like .500 against Kirk though? But Kirk can't seem to lose against Campbell, so maybe it did work out for the better? He's 5-0 versus Campbell now, right? Or 4-0?

My favorite moment was when McCarney was still around. It's been a while, but they were playing against Missouri for a North division title in Jack Trice. I was there with my dad, also a Hawkeye fan, to see my brother in the ISU marching band. It was freezing balls. I couldn't feel any of my toes by the end of it. Anyway, all ISU has to do is a hit a chip shot FG to seal the victory. Nope, misses it, and their B12 championship hopes crumbled.

ISU fan here. I was at that game, and you are right, it was brutally cold. They actually missed 2 field goals - one to win it regulation, and one to tie it in OT. When the second was missed it was just dead silence in the stadium. Everybody just turned and left.

Although, I'd put next year up against it. I went down to Lawrence, all ISU had to do was beat a 5-5 KU team. Already bought tickets to the Big 12 championship game. Lose on a field goal again. Get back in the car, drive back to Ames, where ISU's top 25 basketball team was playing Iona... where they proceed to just get destroyed. Truly nut kicking day of epic proportions.

Over under on the percentage of posters here who get that reference?

Marshall Yanda abuses an ISU freshman. Welcome to D1 football

Yes, almost forgot this one! I was in the first few rows of the student section for that one and didn't get the best view of it, unfortunately. You could tell from the crowd reaction that it was just a brutal hit though. Those peel back blocks are illegal now I'm pretty sure.

Latest posts