Fans could Kirk the finger

OUTofTOWNHAWK

Kirk was forced to changed. Kirk was forced to name CJ the starter. Loss off ticket sales has caused these wins.

if Kirk had his way Jake would be running his conservative style of small ball.

Bunch of you wanted to believe it's the state of Iowas fault.

change has been forced and this proves that kirks way has been wrong.

do you Kirk fans think that Greg and Kirk figured out how to be good coaches all on their own this summer?

kirk should be sorry he didn't change sooner.

CJ, good stable of rbs, CJ. I don't think it can be overstated how much CJ and the upgrade in the running game, talent, and schemes have made. It's made a huge huge impact.

No doubt fan/booster discontent played a part in the changes made.

KF deserved much of the criticisms over the last number of years.

Just Darn glad changes were made, whatever the reasons.

Keep winning.

I have no problems with the coaches if they put the players in position to win. They were not doing that in years past.

Really? Your "beloved" hawks are 7-0, ranked 12th in the country and you find the negatives. Good for you. Good for you.

OOTH is a big Hawkeye fan. You have to have been around quite a while to understand where he's coming from

I don't fully agree with him, but i don't question his fandom. He's as happy as any of us on this success but likely doubted it was possible, more than most.

It is an interesting question. Does a resurgent 1 year erase X amount of mediocre years? For the U of I it will. I think most fans probably look past things. Most coaches would not have been around for a third act, but Kirk is making the most of it this year thus far.

Really? Your "beloved" hawks are 7-0, ranked 12th in the country and you find the negatives. Good for you. Good for you.

I don't have anything negative to say about this year. However this year shows that what the fans wanted to see(more aggressive football) in the past works.

OOTH, you are being too modest here. Since you are so modest, I'll go ahead and tell everyone the story.

OOTH spearheaded the revolution once before. What was previously unknown is that OOTH personally stepped in during the start of the '08 season. Sickened to death at what KF was doing to the team, he orchestrated a coup, and OOTH overthrew the KF regime from the inside. It is still unknown how he did it, but OOTH forced KF to bench Jake and put in Stanzi, in the '08 season. This saved the '08 season, and directly lead to the '09 season.

Everyone thought the great depression was over that '08 and '09 would lead to more top 10 finished. Sadly this wasn't the case, and OOTH once again had to do battle with the powerful KF after the '10 season. Unfortunately KF was wise to OOTH game plan from the first go around in '08. OOTH then had to rally the troops on HN, and take this campaign to the streets! He shouted far and loud, he cried from the rooftops, at work, at home, he was relentless in his dogged pursuit of change. Oh sure there were setbacks. I mean the whole '13 season threw off OOTH plan for an entire year, but as I said OOTH is dogged in his pursuit of change. A year later, when the dust settled following the Tennessee beat down, KF hung his head in shame, picked up the phone and admitted defeat directly to OOTH.

Now I know OOTH is too modest to share the complete story, but I will share what I do know. It wasn't KF who sat down with Jake and CJ, it was OOTH. He told Jake in not uncertain terms how this was to play out. Be a good solider and look for a place to go, as we can't have a QB controversy, and frankly OOTH didn't trust KF to just put Jake back in as soon as CJ threw an incomplete pass. I'm pretty sure that OOTH is directly behind many of the other changes as well, but he passed out before he could spill any more secrets to me.

I think that HN owes OOTH some much due love and respect. He is too modest, and he gives the credit to ALL the KF detractors......but I know better, I know the real story. So here's to OOTH, the HN savior!

Last edited:
I don't have anything negative to say about this year. However this year shows that what the fans wanted to see(more aggressive football) in the past works.

Well, having Wisconsin being in the midst of a down year after a coaching change and Pitt being our only really tough opponent doesn't hurt, either. Ultimately, I just think he has caught lightning in a bottle with the o-line and the LBs have spent their year getting torched and finally figured out lateral pursuit without overcommitting. Improved QB play has been a nice bonus, too. Ultimately, you keep a guy like Ferentz because you assume he will roll out a sick o-line a few times a decade and that alone will give us a nice team. After seeing Texas, Michigan, Florida and Tennessee all crater their programs to some degree over the past decade or so, I'm very leery to change coaches.

I'm not ready to say that all of us know a bunch more than Kirk and his staff about football and that they should always do whatever the fans want, but I do believe the fans deserve a little of the credit for some of the changes. I don't think there is any doubt that things like the thank you videos and Kirk making himself more available for local radio interviews, etc. are direct responses to the big drop in season ticket sales. The people voted with their dollars and they listened.

For me the difference between Jake and CJ was highlighted on one play this past weekend against Fitzy and his band of dirty ankle twisters. It was a play that didn't even count because it got called back for a hold, but it showed the difference between CJ's creativity and ability to improvise vs. Jake's slavish commitment to following the designed play, reads, and progressions. On the play in question the pocket was breaking down and CJ started to scramble to the right. Mitchell who had been in to block started to leak out into a release valve route, but one of the defenders started to go with him so he hesitated. CJ calmly waved him forward as if to say, "No, no....keep going." Then he ran towards the line of scrimmage to draw the defender toward himself and at the very last second flipped the ball forward to Mitchell for like a 12-13 yard gain. Jake would have never had the pocket presence or creativity in the moment to pull that off.

When one single fan can show me he/she has been in the wieght room or getting their a&& pummeled by our Dline, or going toe-to-toe with our Oline, I'll give that fan credit.

Until then, I'll give credit where it's due: the players, the coaches and the staff.

Kirk was forced to changed. Kirk was forced to name CJ the starter. Loss off ticket sales has caused these wins.

if Kirk had his way Jake would be running his conservative style of small ball.

Bunch of you wanted to believe it's the state of Iowas fault.

change has been forced and this proves that kirks way has been wrong.

do you Kirk fans think that Greg and Kirk figured out how to be good coaches all on their own this summer?

kirk should be sorry he didn't change sooner.

I just think Kirk is real lucky to have all the experts on message boards to turn to for advise.

When one single fan can show me he/she has been in the wieght room or getting their a&& pummeled by our Dline, or going toe-to-toe with our Oline, I'll give that fan credit.

Until then, I'll give credit where it's due: the players, the coaches and the staff.

images

M-Ma-My Mama says you better shut it up, hawkeyebob! I opened up a can o' whoopass and it changed things 'round here!

Latest posts