Even If Nebraska...

...wins out they are still guaranteed their 4th straight losing season and the 5th in 6th years.

That’s all.
They will pass out before they win out. They beat us on that last drive today if they don't turn it over. But they will always find a way, like Iowa State’s car wreck punt return last year.

I think the field goal was the correct call. Wind was favorable, radio said it was a long one/short two. Wasn't crazy about giving them the ball on the 33 yard line but I trusted Duncan. He just came up inches short.

Not to be a Nebby Downer.

Nebraska is 1-4
Nebraska has 2 games left that are scheduled plus another game against an unknown opponent during "champions" week. Plus maybe a bowl game.
If Nebby goes 4-0 in those potential 4 games, they could finish 5-4. Not saying its likely but Nebby could still mathematically finish with a winning record.

They will pass out before they win out. They beat us on that last drive today if they don't turn it over. But they will always find a way, like Iowa State’s car wreck punt return last year.

I think the field goal was the correct call. Wind was favorable, radio said it was a long one/short two. Wasn't crazy about giving them the ball on the 33 yard line but I trusted Duncan. He just came up inches short.

You are way out on a limb saying Nebby beats us if they dont turn it over that last drive. First the hawks turned them over it was not a nebby only mistake. Second, they had only made two TDs in 58 minutes so no guarantee they can drive it 45 more yards or whatever it was. The hawks had been holding them in check and controlling them most of the 2nd half. No drive is guaranteed to end in a TD.

Duncan had just made a long FG with yards to spare and he said he just didnt hit it well. But it also looked like the kick started end over end then started knuckling like a finger touched it. But no bugeater player made it look like he touched it.

You are way out on a limb saying Nebby beats us if they dont turn it over that last drive. First the hawks turned them over it was not a nebby only mistake. Second, they had only made two TDs in 58 minutes so no guarantee they can drive it 45 more yards or whatever it was. The hawks had been holding them in check and controlling them most of the 2nd half. No drive is guaranteed to end in a TD.

Duncan had just made a long FG with yards to spare and he said he just didnt hit it well. But it also looked like the kick started end over end then started knuckling like a finger touched it. But no bugeater player made it look like he touched it.
I'm surprised at something. Our win probability when we gave the ball back to Nebraska, and as they drove inside our 40 with over a minute to play, was still 94%.

It felt less than 50/50 to me, but then again I was listening on the radio. Radio makes me more nervous than watching on TV, just like either makes me more nervous than watching in person.

I had vision of tOSU's Frey to Oiive for the TD in 1990. But Nebraska came through for me, doing what they have done consistently since Frost took over.

Last edited:
I'm surprised at something. Our win probability when we gave the ball back to Nebraska, and as they drove inside our 40 with over a minute to play, was still 94%.

It felt less than 50/50 to me, but then again I was listening on the radio. Radio makes me more nervous than watching on TV, just like either makes me more nervous than watching in person.

I had vision of tOSU's Frey to Oiive for the TD in 1990. But Nebraska came through for me, doing what they have done consistently since Frost took over.
I was at that 1990 OSU game. That was one of the most difficult outcomes of a game for me that I have ever seen.

I was nervous on that last drive, no doubt. But didn't score a point in the last 27 minutes after taking the 20-13 lead. And they only gained something like 62 yards over that span. So deep down in I was hoping we would hold them out of the end zone. I was really hoping for a turnover but didn't think that would ever happen. ;)

ugh. I was also at that game. Also reminded me of the last second loss to PSU a few years back in Kinnick. But, Nebby is not them...

ugh. I was also at that game. Also reminded me of the last second loss to PSU a few years back in Kinnick. But, Nebby is not them...
It wasn't just the Bobby Olive TD. Jeff Graham had a deflection bounce into his hands for a long TD on the last play of the FIRST half...

Merton Hanks was burned on both plays. He had the Graham TD bounce off his shoulder pads when he would have been better off knocking it down, then he played fade on the Olive TD and Olive ran hard slant (may have been a pick or rub involved as well). Hanks then compounded an awful day by ducking the media, a horrible look for a player who was never shy about attracting attention to himself. The Dubuque area media ripped him pretty severely on that one.

I was at that 1990 OSU game. That was one of the most difficult outcomes of a game for me that I have ever seen.

I was nervous on that last drive, no doubt. But didn't score a point in the last 27 minutes after taking the 20-13 lead. And they only gained something like 62 yards over that span. So deep down in I was hoping we would hold them out of the end zone. I was really hoping for a turnover but didn't think that would ever happen. ;)
Our defense made some adjustments, stashed the Cash and went base 4-3 more often. But it was Nebraska's self inflicted mistakes that killed them at least twice; the holding wiping out the long Martinez gain and the late turnover. They would have had decent field position had they not muffed the punt as well.

It sure felt to me like they were going in on that last drive. Thank God they didn't.

Not to be a Nebby Downer.

Nebraska is 1-4
Nebraska has 2 games left that are scheduled plus another game against an unknown opponent during "champions" week. Plus maybe a bowl game.
If Nebby goes 4-0 in those potential 4 games, they could finish 5-4. Not saying its likely but Nebby could still mathematically finish with a winning record.

If that happens they'll be in the top 15 next year preseason

i was at that PSU game, what a gut shot
The difference is we were thoroughly outplayed most of the night by Penn State and were given a chance because of great individual plays by Jewell and Wadley.

In that 1990 Ohio State game we outplayed them, outhit them, might have had advantages in first downs, total yardage, and time of possession.

But they kept us out of the end zone in the second half. And our kicking game let us down.

...wins out they are still guaranteed their 4th straight losing season and the 5th in 6th years.

That’s all.
It looks like you are 100% accurate.

The Minnesota game will be canceled. If they beat Purdue and win the "playoff" game, that's 3 wins and 4 losses. Iowa sealed their fate.

It looks like you are 100% accurate.

The Minnesota game will be canceled. If they beat Purdue and win the "playoff" game, that's 3 wins and 4 losses. Iowa sealed their fate.
In this crazy 2020 season, nothing is 100% certain.

Even if Minny cancels the rest of its own season, the Big Ten might still find an opponent for Nebraska if another Big Ten team cancels, leaving another Big Ten opponent looking for a team to play.

Outstanding work
1 thing Frost keeps talking about is discipline - his players do more chirping at opponents than any Big10 team.
That is an example of an area where a head coach establishes 'culture'.
Neb also near the top in # of players ejected for targeting over last 3yrs. That is an example of coaching/culture.
Keep making excuses....

It wasn't just the Bobby Olive TD. Jeff Graham had a deflection bounce into his hands for a long TD on the last play of the FIRST half...

Merton Hanks was burned on both plays. He had the Graham TD bounce off his shoulder pads when he would have been better off knocking it down, then he played fade on the Olive TD and Olive ran hard slant (may have been a pick or rub involved as well). Hanks then compounded an awful day by ducking the media, a horrible look for a player who was never shy about attracting attention to himself. The Dubuque area media ripped him pretty severely on that one.
I was there too, and that game tops the list of disappointing games for me. It was bad enough when Hanks went for the pick with no chance of doing anything with it at the end of the first half, but a real gut punch when he got burned on the last play of the second half as well. I love supporting Hawks in the NFL, but it pissed me off every time I saw him playing for the Niners.

Latest posts