ESPN headline

hoxrock

"Reports: McCaffery cursed out officials." How is this headline worthy? Isn't it common occurrence in sports? Why isn't it a headline when Izzo does it? Or when Bo Ryan used to do it? I'm not excusing Fran's behavior but ESPN shows us time and time again what a disgrace they are when it comes to how they cover people. If you are good enough the narrative is your boorish behavior is considered passion and competitiveness and not a big deal.

If you follow the officials after the game and accuse them of cheating that is a bit different than complaining about a call or two.

You lost by 20 coach, my suggestion, look at mirror, hope you don't see the late season swoon template staring back at you.

Childish/Entitled

"Reports: McCaffery cursed out officials." How is this headline worthy? Isn't it common occurrence in sports? Why isn't it a headline when Izzo does it? Or when Bo Ryan used to do it? I'm not excusing Fran's behavior but ESPN shows us time and time again what a disgrace they are when it comes to how they cover people. If you are good enough the narrative is your boorish behavior is considered passion and competitiveness and not a big deal.

I'm guessing the fact it didn't take place on the court and happened after the game may have something to do with it.

The officiating wasn't great but it really wasn't that horrible. Every year the officials let the games get more and more physical as the year goes on. No clue why he chose this game to have a melt down. Team was easily beat in all phases of the game, going to be a double digit loss no matter what.

If you follow the officials after the game and accuse them of cheating that is a bit different than complaining about a call or two.

You lost by 20 coach, my suggestion, look at mirror, hope you don't see the late season swoon template staring back at you.

Childish/Entitled

Definitely some sketchy calls and at points it seemed one sided, but it didn't cause a 20 point swing imo.
Berate the refs all you want on the court, but you cant chase them down the hallway and call them cheaters. That's where its different.

Definitely some sketchy calls and at points it seemed one sided, but it didn't cause a 20 point swing imo.
Berate the refs all you want on the court, but you cant chase them down the hallway and call them cheaters. That's where its different.
Anger management - Learn to walk away with class, stay above it. In the big picture, it doesn't matter much. Go to a children's hospital if you want to experience real suffering.

Perhaps Fran and Dophin could have a joint, remedial class: Anger Management/Unconscious Bias 101 "How to grow as a person and avoid acting and speaking like an idiot."

Anger management - Learn to walk away with class, stay above it. In the big picture, it doesn't matter much. Go to a children's hospital if you want to experience real suffering.

Perhaps Fran and Dophin could have a joint, remedial class: Anger Management/Unconscious Bias 101 "How to grow as a person and avoid acting and speaking like an idiot."

Or they could just get together with Don Nelson and smoke a joint.

giphy.gif

The officiating wasn't great but it really wasn't that horrible. Every year the officials let the games get more and more physical as the year goes on. No clue why he chose this game to have a melt down. Team was easily beat in all phases of the game, going to be a double digit loss no matter what.
Maybe news of Patrick's sub state loss had reached him by then and he couldn't hold back any longer.:)

Latest posts