Enemy Recon: Penn State

Ree4

Link

Hah no respect from Penn State. What's really funny is Sagarin rates Iowa's strength of schedule as higher than Penn State's:

Link

While Penn State has played one team so far that is better than anyone Iowa has played, their overall opponent strength is lesser. Both teams are 0-1 against top 30 teams, although theirs is against a top 10 team. They act like their schedule is so much tougher than ours, but it hasn't been to date. They've played a lot of garbage teams.

Not competitive? Yeah. Well, PSU has lost 12 times to Iowa, while they did win 15. Not exactly dominant. The arrogance is typical PSU and OSU. I am really sick of both of them.

Can't expect too much, from most opposing fan bases. You mostly see the vocal minority. I have other opinions about PSU but i'll keep it nice and say....Go Hawks!

Does anyone remember the overconfident PSU fan Poz31 (I think that was his handle) on one of the old boards? He invaded the board the week or two leading up to the game (I think it was 2009) and was CONVINCED that PSU and their Spread HD offense was going to win that game going away, by at least a couple touchdowns. He ended most of his cocky posts with "Book it!". I don't remember if he ever came back after Darryl Clark (after a TD pass on their first or second offensive play of the game) went 11/31, 119 yards, 0 TD and 3 INT's to take his medicine.

Moral of the story...there's a Poz31 in every fan base, some more than others, and there is a reason they play the games.

I just looked at the most recent forecast for tomorrow and there's a 100% chance of rain. I have to think that favors us because wet playing conditions will help to neutralize McSorley and their running back. I believe we are stronger in the trenches and our running game is more of a power run game whereas Penn State's is more built on speed.

Does anyone remember the overconfident PSU fan Poz31 (I think that was his handle) on one of the old boards? He invaded the board the week or two leading up to the game (I think it was 2009) and was CONVINCED that PSU and their Spread HD offense was going to win that game going away, by at least a couple touchdowns. He ended most of his cocky posts with "Book it!". I don't remember if he ever came back after Darryl Clark (after a TD pass on their first or second offensive play of the game) went 11/31, 119 yards, 0 TD and 3 INT's to take his medicine.

Moral of the story...there's a Poz31 in every fan base, some more than others, and there is a reason they play the games.

Didn't POZ31 have a propensity toward drunken ambling posts that became increasingly unintelligible to the point he would hit the wrong keys and post without realizing it.

Latest posts