Emotional Ferentz

Bordone

I know it's not unusual for him to get choked up occasionally, but was surprised to see him fighting back tears at the end of this one.
Maybe just happy for seniors, or more to it?

I know it's not unusual for him to get choked up occasionally, but was surprised to see him fighting back tears at the end of this one.
Kinda makes me think it's his last rodeo.... Last week him getting all teary eyed was no shock/surprise at all for obvious reasons but this week... Kinda makes me wonder if he knows after this year he's hanging it up.. I dunno I could be wrong

he's entering the "statue state of mind."
only a matter of time before construction begins.
he knows it.
he cries tears of joy......and chews gum simultaneously.
mad skills yo.

Kinda makes me think it's his last rodeo.... Last week him getting all teary eyed was no shock/surprise at all for obvious reasons but this week... Kinda makes me wonder if he knows after this year he's hanging it up.. I dunno I could be wrong

Yeah I was trying to think of anything else it could be because I didn't want to speculate on that but the only thing I could come up with was one of the seniors maybe said something to him off camera that set him off.

Yeah I was trying to think of anything else it could be because I didn't want to speculate on that but the only thing I could come up with was one of the seniors maybe said something to him off camera that set him off.
Yeah maybe something like that too. Time might tell us...

Not until Brian is a lock to be the next coach.......my guess would be the start of the 2020 season.

He's getting older, he's relishing these wins more and more, and I have to think it would be emotional to see all these players work their tails of for years to get these W's. All the recruiting, training, conditioning, good times and bad and to see it all come to fruition. That's got to be an emotional thing to see.

Not until Brian is a lock to be the next coach.......my guess would be the start of the 2020 season.
That would seem to be the plan and I agree I don't see that smooth handoff happening after this year.. But crazier stuff has happened. Maybe KF is as Jonrn mentioned just relishing everything more the older he's getting. Could be just that simple too

That would seem to be the plan and I agree I don't see that smooth handoff happening after this year.. But crazier stuff has happened. Maybe KF is as Jonrn mentioned just relishing everything more the older he's getting. Could be just that simple too
Next year would be good, because he'd have a 3rd year starter at QB, several returning O-linemen, lots on defense back. Just depends on what KF wants to pass on to the next HC and if he wants all those returning players for himself. If BF is guaranteed the job, I could see him go, if not, no way he leaves with a full cupboard.

Yeah, it does almost make you wonder that, but it would be shocking, to say the least, if he hung it up after this season.

I think KF retires when Chris Doyle's son graduates. They go together. That position is the most important at Iowa the way the Hawks operate philosophically. Other question is how long will Reese Morgan coach? His track record w/ OLine and now DLine is incredible.

Maybe it was that on field reporter for FOX? Wow

Yeah, it does almost make you wonder that, but it would be shocking, to say the least, if he hung it up after this season.
It would be to me as well. Even though KF is the longest tenured at one school going atm I'm not sure he's one of the top 10 oldest. They had the top 7 listed on tv the other night and he wasn't on it. That said he's still over 60 making any year possibly his last...

Honestly, and I'm a KF supporter, but if I had his record against ISU, I'd be crying every time I beat them too. 10-10 against ISU over 20 years. They haven't exactly been the Pittsburgh Steelers you know.

It is wonderful that the Great Matt Campbell is now 0-3 against Iowa. Here's the thing...in my estimation...he may be gone after this year. If he gets this team to 8-5...teams will be beating down his door...and you know damn well there will be good programs out there that want him...Florida State anyone?. I'm impressed by him honestly...his teams play hard and he gets players, transfers, JUCO, etc and integrates them.

Personally...i think that defense is legit...then again, he won't have many offenses that line up and run when you have 9 in the box. That happened several times...I counted 9.

Latest posts