Doyle hired by Jacksonville Jaguars

MikeyLikesIowa

It looks like Urban Meyer has selected Chris Doyle to be their Director of Sports Performance in Jacksonville.

As a Jacksonville fan myself, I'm excited to see what Urban Meyer and his staff can do. I've been a Jaguars fan since their expansion year, and seen my share of disappointing seasons. We've had a few great rosters over the years with nothing to show for it except for a few appearances in the AFC championship game.

How is their talent? Trevor Lawrence is going to end up there and I seriously think if the kid gets on the right franchise he has the potential to be a Peyton Manning clone. The problem is so many great QBs have been utterly destroyed by terrible franchises it's hard to project what he will do.

It looks like Urban Meyer has selected Chris Doyle to be their Director of Sports Performance in Jacksonville.

As a Jacksonville fan myself, I'm excited to see what Urban Meyer and his staff can do. I've been a Jaguars fan since their expansion year, and seen my share of disappointing seasons. We've had a few great rosters over the years with nothing to show for it except for a few appearances in the AFC championship game.
I would like to thank you and your Jaguars for allowing me to dominate my fantasy league in 1996 by drafting Mark Brunell. When I drafted him, everyone else either laughed or said "Who?". Having dick pic as my other QB helped too.

Half surprised that wasn't a late Friday afternoon news dump kinda deal. They can't expect that hire to go ignored... Ole Meyer he has reached the IDGAF stage of his life that's for sure. (He's been there quite awhile really)

Half surprised that wasn't a late Friday afternoon news dump kinda deal. They can't expect that hire to go ignored... Ole Meyer he has reached the IDGAF stage of his life that's for sure. (He's been there quite awhile really)

Doyle has some taint but maybe he will not have a ton of direct contact with the players. I assume he will toe the line on what he says or yells.

He does not deserve a life sentence for what he's done.

He wont bully and intimidate the pros..it just won't work.

He'll have to bring brains and techniquest.

He does not deserve a life sentence for what he's done.

He wont bully and intimidate the pros..it just won't work.

He'll have to bring brains and techniquest.

It sounds like this will be more of an administrative/consultative role where he won't be interacting directly with the players much.

Urban Meyer was asked about Chris Doyle twice during today's press conference. First, at about the 3:12 mark, and again at about 8:05.

Keep on NFLing NFL.

2nd chances are good. I hope he has learned his lesson. This is learned behavior. Maybe a lack of interaction with the players is the job he needs.

Last edited:
I can't believe Urban would hire an asshole. Oh wait, I forgot he was an asshole to black players too. I can't believe Urban would hire a racist.

Moving this to the open discussion OT forum because people are going to turn this into a shit show thread reminiscent of this past summer.

For you thin-skinned SOBs out there, remember—this is a lightly moderated, open discussion forum. Unless there are threats, spam, or some other kind of illegal-ish content, it’s staying.

If you get butt hurt easily and can’t take the heat of these discussions, remove your ass from the kitchen.

Fire away.

Moving this to the open discussion OT forum because people are going to turn this into a shit show thread reminiscent of this past summer.

For you thin-skinned SOBs out there, remember—this is a lightly moderated, open discussion forum. Unless there are threats, spam, or some other kind of illegal-ish content, it’s staying.

If you get butt hurt easily and can’t take the heat of these discussions, remove your ass from the kitchen.

Fire away.
Fine with me. There are a lot of things I care deeply about. Doyle ain’t one of them.

I always hit the Whats new button. Probably need to pay more attention to what forum it's in. Sorry Fry. But good thinking moving it.

There’s pretty much zero chance this hire sticks.

If you google Doyle’s name it’s nothing but outrage over it, and at some point Meyer is going to get told to pull the plug. Just wait for it fellas, ol’ Dirty Urbs is gonna come with one of these in the next couple days written up by some marketing intern:

“After more personal reflection, I’ve come to the realization that hiring coach Doyle may not have been in the best interest of the Jacksonville Jaguars organization. While he may be a skilled football coach, his actions in the past have been racially insensitive at best, and abusive and deeply hurtful at worst. In addition to this, coach Doyle’s refusal to accept responsibility for these past events cannot be overlooked. At the urging of my non-white colleagues and players, I have taken a step back and after looking at the situation as a whole have come to understand that by dismissing coach Doyle’s past, I myself have been insensitive to the concerns and best interests of the people in the Jacksonville organization, as well as the great fans of Jaguar Nation. For that I deeply apologize.

The National Football League is bigger than any one of us as individuals, and in it there is no place for racism, bigotry, or abuse of any kind. I want all of you to know, especially my colleagues and players, that I am forever humbled by this experience and will look at it as an opportunity to grow and learn as a person, not just a football coach.

I want to thank coach Doyle for his effort and time spent to this point and I wish him the best in the future.”

And just so you get a little perspective on how fucking insincere those canned apologies are, that took me all of 45 seconds and I’m a total idiot.

Also, anyone who tells a black player to take up rowing and compares it to a slave ship, or threatens to put a black player back on the streets, or calls a kid with ADD “Simple Jack” instead of trying to help him is a piece of shit, lol.

There’s no “learning your lesson” with that. You’re just a horrible person in general.

I have a feeling Urban gave him a chance to stick his toe in the water to see what the response would be. It wasn't good so he resigned as he should.

Latest posts