Double Bye

Esteshawk

And opposite bracket of Michigan. Wouldn't have to play them til the finals. Just beat Wisconsin and it will happen! I still want Illinois bad.

Last edited:
Wouldn't we slip behind Purdue with a loss tomorrow, and be on Michigan's side of the bracket to boot?

I would rather play Micnigan than Purdue right now. Purdue may be the best defensive team in the league. And the hottest.

Wouldn't we slip behind Purdue with a loss tomorrow, and be on Michigan's side of the bracket to boot?

I would rather play Micnigan than Purdue right now. Purdue may be the best defensive team in the league. And the hottest.
Good point. Purdue looked tough today.

Last edited:
I think we locked up a 2 seed in the NCAA tournament if we win tomorrow. Lots of competition for a 2 lost today.

Just win tomorrow and Iowa doesn’t have to worry about either unless it’s in he Championship game.

I’m pretty confident a win tomorrow locks up an NCAA 2 seed. And I’m equally confident we have to win the BTT to get a 1. Let’s just go ahead and do all this.

I get really ticked when I see the debacle against IU or complete collapses for an entire half but at the end of the day almost 100% what you would want to achieve is still in front of this team:
Big Ten regular season championship 3rd place finish most conference wins in like forever
Big Ten Tourney Champs- Still there
Top 4 finish Double bye in tourney- CHECK
Finish Sweet 16 or better - Still there

With this team playing better defense it's really Sweet 16 or bust. This team is absolutely talented and experienced enough. I would love to see us get Michigan and Illinois again just to see. Everyone is touting Illinois as this great 1 seed and we almost took them down in Champaign without CJ.

God i hate the way Painter teams play. I watched the Wisconsin - Purdue game and it was a bloodbath. In the second half, both teams were in the double bonus with 13 minutes left in the game.

Purdue has long athletes and the play tough physical defense. Serious...they are going to be a tough out for anyone. Ivey is easily the most improved player from start to finish in one season that I've seen. He looked terrible when we played them...but he's really improved and he's physical...which surprised me. He travels though damn near ever time he gets it...and Luka will get him in foul trouble if we play them.

I saw that since February 5th (over the last 8 games) we have the 5th best defensive efficiency in the entire country! That's a crazy stat.

Dropped from 130th to 58th(kenpom). Who would have thought going more man to man would be a game changer.

God i hate the way Painter teams play. I watched the Wisconsin - Purdue game and it was a bloodbath. In the second half, both teams were in the double bonus with 13 minutes left in the game.

Purdue has long athletes and the play tough physical defense. Serious...they are going to be a tough out for anyone. Ivey is easily the most improved player from start to finish in one season that I've seen. He looked terrible when we played them...but he's really improved and he's physical...which surprised me. He travels though damn near ever time he gets it...and Luka will get him in foul trouble if we play them.
Ivey is the guard. I think you mean their new 8 footer.