Don’t slip on the rock (game thread)

Casey388

Even though it is an exhibition, figured it would be worth starting a game thread.
That is if the stream ever starts up.

Yeah it started really lte. Finally came up for me and it was already 13-2 at that point.

This second string is playing really sloppy. Hopefully they clean it up. Second string is Connor, Kris, Payton Sandford, Ulis and Perkins.

Iowa is up 31 to 16 with 6:32 left in the first. Ogundele had a nice baseline move for the score. Moving much better than last year.

They just can’t get into any kind of offensive flow, I’m sure that’s because of all the substitutions.

Hawks are up 41 to 18 at half. Keegan, Patrick M., and Filip have been the standouts so far. Slippery Rock is really small so anytime they get into the post we block the shots. Don’t expect this kind of defense all the time but so far it is looking better than last year.

They just can’t get into any kind of offensive flow, I’m sure that’s because of all the substitutions.
That second string really is struggling. Sandford I can understand but the rest of the players should act like they’ve been there before. I would think Connor would even them out but They are playing way too fast.

Starting the second half the second string has looked great. They put Mulvey in with them and he’s done a good job in the post and getting guys open. Sandford calmed down and came out like a man on fire. Hit two back to back threes including one in transition. 53 to 18 with 15:46 left.

Sandford looks like he could be a mixture of CJ Fredrick and Joe W. Has Joes body type but a game like CJ.

Sandford looks like he could be a mixture of CJ Fredrick and Joe W. Has Joes body type but a game like CJ.

footwork seems a little slow on the defensive side. But the kid is gonna score, looks like a perfect Fredrick replacement.

Our defense has cranked it up in the second half. Only allowed 2 points 8 minutes in. 65 to 20.

Great reserve layup for Keegan while getting fouled for the and one. Man he is doing everything tonight.

Latest posts