Dom Uhl.....

ForeverHawk

looked smooth last night. He may have the most upside on this team. With some more strength, he will be able to do it all. He can handle the ball, looks like he can hit some outside shots, he can take it to the rim and he can rebound. I think he will be a fun one to watch over the next few years. If Fran's recruits come in and show this kind of potential, the future is bright IMO.

Agreed. Glad you started a thread about him. I love his game. He plays much more maturely than his age would suggest. He just lets the game come to him. Doesn't force anything. Puts himself in good positions, and only shoots the ball when he's open. I think he's going to be a fun one to watch in the years to come. He has already improved noticeably in his first few games. Would be great if he could carve out more of a role for himself on this team already.

They ran that alley oop play and he got his head rim level! The same back screen alley oop play the run with White. Great athlete! HAIL the overseas guys we get!

Yep--nice skill set. Seems to have good floor awareness.

I look forward to his watching his improvement, which I believe will be rapid.

His skill set is incredible, he even brought the ball up the floor. He truly is getting better 'minute by minute', 'game by game.'

I agree 1000% about Dom, but honestly, if he's not Michael Jordan by the time he's a sophomore this entire website will poke so many holes in his game and talk about how Fran can't recruit 4 stars or develop players. Ya know, like White....or Jok, or Woody, or Mike G. I mean, I think we all said similar things about those guys when they were young. Ya know... hey, this guy is gonna be special watch out. Now, eh.... they're just ok and NOT quite good enough to make us good...but the NEXT guy, he's gonna exciting. It's the nature of the beast I suppose.

I like this kid as well. He needs to put on some weight to make it in the big 10, though. I wonder how many minutes he will get this yr.

I like this kid as well. He needs to put on some weight to make it in the big 10, though. I wonder how many minutes he will get this yr.

Earlier in the season I though he need weight. But the more I see him play, the more he looks like wing player to me. I thought, coming, he would be more a PF-type player. But I think he has a more natural wing skill-set than Uthoff. Everybody benefits from weight training, but not sure we want to pack pounds on him.

His handles look to be legitimate and he's rebounding at a decent clip at his current weight. Defensively, he gives very good athleticism and length at the wing. If we can develop his shot and tighten his handles further, now we have a special player.

InGoodCo you are unfortunately correct. Always happens... But, I'm excited as well. Fran needs an athletic versatile player with a high motor like Uhl. If he can shoot north of 35% from 3, he will really be a stud. But most of his damage will come off the dribble and rebounding/put-backs.

I agree 1000% about Dom, but honestly, if he's not Michael Jordan by the time he's a sophomore this entire website will poke so many holes in his game and talk about how Fran can't recruit 4 stars or develop players. Ya know, like White....or Jok, or Woody, or Mike G. I mean, I think we all said similar things about those guys when they were young. Ya know... hey, this guy is gonna be special watch out. Now, eh.... they're just ok and NOT quite good enough to make us good...but the NEXT guy, he's gonna exciting. It's the nature of the beast I suppose.

Doubt it. Unless he shows a complete inability/unwillingness to take out side shots or play defense.

most of the other guys on this team do have noticeable areas where they are lacking. (Gessel and Utoff seem to be getting theirs figured out.) and that doesn't mean they can't be good players but it's reality.

Uhl has the best combo of skill athleticism that Fran has brought in.

He did look good out there with extended mins. If he doesn't get much bigger I can see him being a pretty darn athletic long 3 guy. Easy to see why Fran is so high on him now after that game. He's got that quick off the floor leaping ability for rebounding that will serve him nicely for getting offensive boards. It's not he who jumps the highest so much as who times his leap the best. And he's only going to get better at ball handling (he's pretty good at it already) and shooting seeing the floor etc. Fran may have hit a home run with him time will tell.

Looks smooth.
looks confident.

Hopefully the rise is quick.

InGoodCo you are unfortunately correct. Always happens... But, I'm excited as well. Fran needs an athletic versatile player with a high motor like Uhl. If he can shoot north of 35% from 3, he will really be a stud. But most of his damage will come off the dribble and rebounding/put-backs.

I haven't been able to catch all the action so far this yr (no ESPN3). Has Uhl attempted many 3's?

I haven't been able to catch all the action so far this yr (no ESPN3). Has Uhl attempted many 3's?

He has shot a few and his form looks good just most haven't fallen for him. But he has taken them in the rhythm of the offense and isn't forcing things. I can't get over how quickly and under control he can bring the ball up the court. Has great coordination and quickness for a guy his size. Some might kill me for saying this, but he reminds me of a more wing-oriented Georges Niang (with a slightly inconsistent 3 so far in his career)

He has shot a few and his form looks good just most haven't fallen for him. But he has taken them in the rhythm of the offense and isn't forcing things. I can't get over how quickly and under control he can bring the ball up the court. Has great coordination and quickness for a guy his size. Some might kill me for saying this, but he reminds me of a more wing-oriented Georges Niang (with a slightly inconsistent 3 so far in his career)

... and smaller boobs.

I looked up the numbers, and they're not great. But he's only a freshman, and he seems to have decent form.

3pt: 2-12 17%
FG: 12-28 43%
FT: 2-7 29%

Those will improve. Right now his aggressiveness, athleticism, and ball handling skills stand out.

Latest posts