DJ Johnson Commits to Iowa

By 4-star, do they mean, "we'll rank him a 5-star if he picks ND and a 3-star if he picks Iowa, so we'll call it a 4-star until further notice"?

So true. Would not be surprised to see him become a consensus 3* for this reason.

Good story. Sounds like she raised a great kid. That's an awesome b-day present for a parent.

Last edited:
Sounds like a Desmond King type. 5'11 170 that's a hitter. He's a cover guy with hands too but he's 'only' a 4.7 guy. Kinda surprised a kid clocked at that is rated so highly. Never the less he's a great fit for us and huge get.

Sounds like a Desmond King type. 5'11 170 that's a hitter. He's a cover guy with hands too but he's 'only' a 4.7 guy. Kinda surprised a kid clocked at that is rated so highly. Never the less he's a great fit for us and huge get.

If ND offered and Ohio State is set to offer as well, I'm guessing the 4.7 that you're seeing is a typo. OSU doesn't hand out schollies to 4.7 DB's....

You can never have too much Johnson no matter their size.
Reminds me of a conversation I had with the wife the other day. I bring some jerky/sausage sticks on the car ride to watch the eclipse and she says she doesn't like them that thick... Just in case any of you were wondering why she married me. :D

When I saw your post and saw what 24/7 sight had done I had to sign up on this sight just to vent my frustration. D.J. Johnson had a .89-- 4 star rating and 4 hours after his commit to Iowa it went to ,8851 3 star. Looks like you were correct.

When I saw your post and saw what 24/7 sight had done I had to sign up on this sight just to vent my frustration. D.J. Johnson had a .89-- 4 star rating and 4 hours after his commit to Iowa it went to ,8851 3 star. Looks like you were correct.

247 still has him as a "90" and a 4 star. Their "composite" ranking did drop, though, but that wasn't from them, it was other services who dropped him which caused his composite to drop to 3 star from 4 star. It's freaking ridiculous because I guarantee you that had he committed to ND, his composite would have most likely jumped to the low 90's.

Latest posts