DJ Harvey - ND Transfer

DJ is a guard who can play the 2 or 3. Has good size at 6’6/225 but needs to improve his 3pt shot. Was a top 50 recruit out of high school. He’d sit a year and have two to play.

I figured this news would make you happy. ;)

The Hausers would as well.

Harvey played AAU ball with Garza.

I have tempered hopes. Spring is, by far, a sellers' market.
Not getting my hopes up for Hauser’s, but that would be crazy.

Heard some positive noise about Harvey but we will see. I think he’d be a nice piece for sure.

You lose Kreiner, Moss, and Bohannon next year. That's alot of production to replace. I know alot of people are skeptical about the Hausers, but the team that has the most room in the 20-21 season is Iowa among their top 4...and it's not even close. How great would it be to add guys with big time experience after losing those three. I think Weiskamp should be guaranteeing he doesn't go pro after next season...isn't he buddies with the Hausers?

I thought I heard on a pod cast that Iowa was in fairly deep in the recruiting process with Joey as well?

You lose Kreiner, Moss, and Bohannon next year. That's alot of production to replace. I know alot of people are skeptical about the Hausers, but the team that has the most room in the 20-21 season is Iowa among their top 4...and it's not even close. How great would it be to add guys with big time experience after losing those three. I think Weiskamp should be guaranteeing he doesn't go pro after next season...isn't he buddies with the Hausers?
I don’t think these are concerned about play time. They will play big minutes wherever they go. Actually on the contrary them playing a similar style to Pat might work as a deterrent for us.

I think Iowa’s chances are fairly slim. I guess our best chance would be if they preferred our style of play to a UW or UVA.

at least we can put it to rest that Fran doesn't at least dabble in the transfer market.

That could have been put to rest from day 1. Do the names Anthony Hubbard, Trey Dickerson, Jarrod Uthoff, and Dale Jones ring a bell? 3 of those 4 didn't work out for different reasons which illustrates how risky the transfer route can be. Fran has gone the transfer route before and it appears is willing to jump back in when a need presents itself, but one cannot blame him for being hesitant about it given the results he's gotten.

That could have been put to rest from day 1. Do the names Anthony Hubbard, Trey Dickerson, Jarrod Uthoff, and Dale Jones ring a bell? 3 of those 4 didn't work out for different reasons which illustrates how risky the transfer route can be. Fran has gone the transfer route before and it appears is willing to jump back in when a need presents itself, but one cannot blame him for being hesitant about it given the results he's gotten.

At least these guys (Hauser's and Harvey) are fairly proven at the D1 level. Those guys you listed did not transfer to Iowa with D1 experience. There is a lot less risk IMO

I am all for the transfer window right now. It makes a ton of sense. The classes are horribly lopsided right now

I've actually been saying that since day 1, which is why I made the comment. Fran will take a transfer if there is need or its the right fit or player. I unfortunately have been told several times that was not the case on here.

Harvey went silent on me after responding initially.

I messaged him and asked if he is interested in Iowa. He messaged back:

"Yessir ! Big time."

I've tried to follow up and he hasn't responded.

I'll keep at it. I'm guessing he's being bombarded by media from Iowa and elsewhere.

I figured this news would make you happy. ;)

The Hausers would as well.

Harvey played AAU ball with Garza.

I have tempered hopes. Spring is, by far, a sellers' market.

Will the Hausers be a package deal for whatever school they end up going to? Would they split or are they only interested in going to the same university?

Latest posts