Did Higdon get his 'just desserts'?

Not sure if they had desserts in the pink LR last night after he ate crow, but I do think he got his just deserts.

Not sure if they had desserts in the pink LR last night after he ate crow, but I do think he got his just deserts.
I looked it up, and it was originally 'deserts', but found that 'desserts' is more widely used now. Thanks for attempting to correct me, lol...The expression meaning that which is deserved was originally just deserts. The phrase is the last refuge of an obsolete meaning of desert—namely, something thatis deserved or merited. But because most modern English speakers are unfamiliar with that old sense of desert, the phrase is often understandably written just desserts.

Anyone else immediately think of the movie Hot Fuzz when they see the term "just desserts"?

I was going to make a joke about that one coach in Florida that talked him into going to Michigan and post a funny gif like "Live Look at that one guy who wouldn't stop talking about the POWER OF MICHIGAN..." but that would be too much work and I can't get gifs to work on this site.

All this may be true but he's probably going to be in the NFL next yr... He's a talented player. Hence the reason we wanted him to begin with.

Great. At Iowa, he would have made a very good team better and may have won a division title. He'd be an MVP in Iowa City every year. In Ann Arbor, for the rest of his life he'll be "the guy on those teams that went 0-4 against Ohio State and never won anything of note". Forget free drinks...he'll have to pay cash for his library card.

Great. At Iowa, he would have made a very good team better and may have won a division title. He'd be an MVP in Iowa City every year. In Ann Arbor, for the rest of his life he'll be "the guy on those teams that went 0-4 against Ohio State and never won anything of note". Forget free drinks...he'll have to pay cash for his library card.

Harbaugh is on the hot seat, for sure.

Latest posts