Defensive play

Does any conference play any besides the Big Ten?

I was going to start a thread called "do you really like 52-46 games like bama Florida? and I see you started this one. My eye test for the Big 12 is their coaches must be ok with weak arm tackling, taking bad angles, etc etc. I think Clemson and Bama and Florida just have some super talented offensive players that are hard to stop, great running backs, receivers, QBs, Off lines. Pac 12 same thing with high scoring games with weak defenses and they and the Big 12 have trouble against top out of conference games.

The big 10 does seem to put more emphasis on solid defense.

SEC defenses are enamored with man coverage...to take away all the short patterns. The problem is, the receivers at the top SEC teams will burn you deep over and over again.

I watched the Florida / Alabama game last night. Those are two really, really good QBs. Granted, the defenses play all this man coverage and get burned alot...but when those two QBs have guys open deep...they don't miss very often. It's pretty remarkable.

Phil Parker would play the two deep safety and force them to dink and dunk all the way down the field...it would take longer to score and keep the score down...but both of these teams will score.

Pitts, the Florida TE, is the best player in College Football...and it's likely not even close. If I was a pro team...I'd take that dude #1. Runs like a WR, catches everything...he's beating corners deep. The bama receiver is going to get roughed up in the pros for a few years...he's a skinny WR.