Dearest Kurt

ThunderHawk

Your receivers suck. Give someone else a shot.

And would it kill you to recruit a big, fast one? And throw it to him?

Who is this Kurt you speak of? Our head coach is KIRK Ferentz, and he's only been here for 18 years. If you're going to rip a guy, at least spell his name right :)

WR don't want to come here.

RM should not see 1st team snaps, but our coach doesn't play FR WR because they can't block or they may make a mistake.

What's frustrating is our upper classmen continue to make mistakes and nothing changes.

Play the young kids. Let's see what they can do

Aside from Jerminic, Vandeberg, Tevaun from last year, Devonte this year, you're right, receivers never play as freshmen. True frosh tend not to play a ton at most pro-style offenses, because they do need to be able to block and can't be one-trick ponies.

Remember that year we had a freshman lead the team in receiving?

But while we're on a Dear Kirk topic.

Dear Kirk,
When you get the ball back with a lead, 4 minutes on the clock, and the other team 0-2 timeouts, the goal is to get at least 1 first down, preferably two. You are not supposed to get stuffed, stuffed, sacked, punt. Then somehow get the ball back and do the same. Damn. Thing. Again, giving the other team a chance to win the game. I know they say that it's good to have a short memory after losses so that you can move on, but you need to learn from your mistakes, it cost you against NDSU, and almost did again today.

CJ hasn't been good, but try working with that junk line and the receivers he has. Might get a little gun shy after a while. No excuse to recruit as poorly as we do.. Boring brand of football, that's why no good receivers will come here. 2 more chances for wins this year. Next week and again at Illinois. The rest will be ugly. I think Minnesota was actually worse than Northwestern. Their offense made ours look good.

CJ hasn't been good, but try working with that junk line and the receivers he has. Might get a little gun shy after a while. No excuse to recruit as poorly as we do.. Boring brand of football, that's why no good receivers will come here. 2 more chances for wins this year. Next week and again at Illinois. The rest will be ugly. I think Minnesota was actually worse than Northwestern. Their offense made ours look good.

Kinda funny. Two years ago, KF was a moron, CJB was clearly better than JR, and ThunderHawk, aka CJBs "mouthpilot", chastised all who couldn't see it.

Two years later, and KF is still a moron, but the QB bears no burden because of the OL and WRs. For which KF is blamed because he can't recruit them. Evidently, two years ago the OL and WR corps were 4* across the board...

The line played OK today and CJ was meh like always. He still holds the ball too long, can't find the check down on a blitz and continues to creep to the bottom of big10 passing statistics. Good QBs make average players look better than they are and that's clearly not the case here. That being said if our receivers can't help CJ out move guys like DMX or maybe even Wadley at times to the slot. Run some 5 wide sets to get guys matched up against linebackers. And for the love of all that is real, Greg Davis needs to wake up and try something different to help CJ. Find something that works for him.

To be fair, KF played almost every receiver on the 2 deeps today, including a true frosh. I may be wrong, but I think we have a little better talent overall at wr, they just need more fame reps/targets.

Kinda funny. Two years ago, KF was a moron, CJB was clearly better than JR, and ThunderHawk, aka CJBs "mouthpilot", chastised all who couldn't see it.

Two years later, and KF is still a moron, but the QB bears no burden because of the OL and WRs. For which KF is blamed because he can't recruit them. Evidently, two years ago the OL and WR corps were 4* across the board...

They were both night and day better two years ago.

Our OL is worse!!! We just re-shuffled the entire OL because they couldn't block. We are 6 games in and the wunderkinds at the helm JUST figured out who should go where?!!!! That's pathetic

Our OL is worse!!! We just re-shuffled the entire OL because they couldn't block. We are 6 games in and the wunderkinds at the helm JUST figured out who should go where?!!!! That's pathetic

You're jumping the gun. The jury's still out out on who should go where (14 pts against Minn is not proof). The only thing figured out was what lineup didn't work.

Kirk, please please please pass to the running backs at least 8 times a game. PLEASE!!

Why can't Iowa do a quick pass out to Wadley like they do to the WR when the d-backs are off them 10 yrds to see what he could do in space. Couldn't they line him up in the slot to step back to get that pass and see if he could beat a couple defenders?

Where has Jonathan Parker been? I thought he was healthy.

Why aren't they using Mitchell more?

I thought the play calling was a little less than desireable. I think the Iowa coaches could do more to help CJ.

Latest posts