Connor Turnbull

Looks like Iowa has a lot to offer, immediate playing time, open offense for a big that likes to shoot 3's, and good core of players returning. Go get him Fran.

He would be a good get, but we still need a more proven big through the transfer portal. Someone good enough to take Rebracha's starting position from day 1. Easy enough.....

Of that list, Mizzou sucks, Creighton has a returning center who is really good, and Wisconsin has several bigs coming back. Iowa has the best landing spot.

Seems pretty light at 215, I know we need help in the Big spot, but I think a bruiser from the portal would fill the more immediate need.

This kid needs the weight room sooner rather than later.............

I am torn by this. It would be great getting a stretch 5, but I think I would rather look at options in the transfer portal. I don't want getting Turnbull to keep us from getting Freeman next year since he looks like the real deal.

Then again, I was 100% wrong about Garza when he committed so keep that in mind.

I am torn by this. It would be great getting a stretch 5, but I think I would rather look at options in the transfer portal. I don't want getting Turnbull to keep us from getting Freeman next year since he looks like the real deal.

Then again, I was 100% wrong about Garza when he committed so keep that in mind.
It won't, Fran is already recruiting other big men in the same class as Freeman even after Freeman committed

We all were.... When I first saw him his freshman yr I thought he was a poor poor poor mans Acie Earl. He ran so slow/awkwardly I didn't think he'd amount to a whole lot. But he had touch and a decent shot and dude just got ridiculously better at everything. We had no idea what kind of work ethic the guy had. It's off the charts and what separated him from everyone.

Fran and staff are doing it right.

You need to recruit multiple players at a position of need that you see as a fit for your program and let it play out.

Ideally, an experienced guy from the transfer portal (Fardaws) would be ideal, but there are no guarantees you'll get one. Turnbull could very well be better than the fallbacks after Aimaq.

There also more demand than supply at this point.

Latest posts