Connor McCaffery Will NOT Redshirt

Had to be a tough decision for Connor given his baseball aspirations. Good for him. Hope he never regrets it.

I know this is a direct result of Williams transferring. A direct trigger from that...but I said it til I was blue in the face on here that I thought Connor would play basketball this season and for 4 years at Iowa. I held on til I had no other choice but to accept the RS plan, even though I didn't like it one bit. I thought he could help this team. The allure to be part of his dad's program, something he's been a part of, but not actually "in" for the last 7 years would be too much to sit out on. I think it started with the over seas trip, finally being able to be one of the guys FINALLY. This just pushed it over the edge. I am even more excited about this season now.

I know this is a direct result of Williams transferring. A direct trigger from that...but I said it til I was blue in the face on here that I thought Connor would play basketball this season and for 4 years at Iowa. I held on til I had no other choice but to accept the RS plan, even though I didn't like it one bit. I thought he could help this team. The allure to be part of his dad's program, something he's been a part of, but not actually "in" for the last 7 years would be too much to sit out on. I think it started with the over seas trip, finally being able to be one of the guys FINALLY. This just pushed it over the edge. I am even more excited about this season now.

Or Williams transferring is the direct result of Connor not red shirting.

Conner was always going to play PG for us. I'm glad he's not going to RS. We need quality depth at the 1, this year.

Latest posts