Connie fans already looking past us.

lightning1

Giving us no respect on their Scout board. I've watched 2 of their games and I am not impressed. Nor am I impressed with their HC. I think we have a 50/50 chance to beat them in Beckyville. We cannot have any turnovers. We play a clean AGGRESSIVE game (please don't regress now, KF) and we win.

The theme this week (probably nationally) is Iowa has played nobody and until they, if they, should they beat Wisconsin, Iowa's 4-0 start will be primarly due to a weak schedule.

I think Iowa has a puncher's chance in this game (maybe a bit more than that). Wisconsin likes to pound, pound, pound, and pound some more right into the heart of the defense. Then, they hit you up with the play action pass to the tight end. Iowa's run D has been pretty stout in the middle, so we shall see.

Wisconsin's defense is not giving up a lot of points. Look for a 24-17 like game.

With the rest of the West not looking all that great this is a bigger game than what many think, it is possible that it will decide the West division.

Very big game for week 1 on the B1G TEN

Iowa hasn't played anyone. Wisconsin has, and lost. Plus it's at their house. I see a close game, but a loss next week. It has the feel of the Minnesota game last season - I hope it goes better than that, but this is pretty early in the season for such a big game.

I feel like this might be the only chance for a signature win. Beat Wisconsin, and this team will have me believing in a run to Indy.

I think it's a good thing that the D had some difficulty stopping the run yesterday. Looking forward to a well adjusted and hungry defense, Saturday.

If Iowa hasn't played anyone then why did a lot of you have our record at 1-3 or 2-2 after September. Apparently some of you haven't been watching this team play and see they have a different attitude. Go Hawks

The played Alabama which is obviously way better than anyone we've played, however they weren't even in the game. Alabama had their way with Wisconsin. The other three teams Wisconsin has played are all awful. I haven't been impressed personally. I like our chances.

Fans don't matter. I hope Connie players are looking past Iowa.
62-16 probably doused that hope.

They've won the last 3 against us and from 2010 - 2014 Iowa has been pretty mediocre/below average, I can see why they feel confident. We are lucky that their starting TB is out for our game and I have read that their o-line is really banged up right now. I've never been impressed with their head coach when he was at Pitt. I think we will win this game, really glad Jake D will be at TE for us, huge weapon.

Well, we played 'em tough the last 2 years. This team has more spark and more heart than those two teams. I think we have a shot.

I think it's a good thing that the D had some difficulty stopping the run yesterday. Looking forward to a well adjusted and hungry defense, Saturday.

Pretty much agree.
There is a possible switch that
Reese Morgan could make to shore up the Rush defense.
I'm not going to disclose what that is.......just await the
Hawkeye look, next week.

They've won the last 3 against us and from 2010 - 2014 Iowa has been pretty mediocre/below average, I can see why they feel confident. We are lucky that their starting TB is out for our game and I have read that their o-line is really banged up right now. I've never been impressed with their head coach when he was at Pitt. I think we will win this game, really glad Jake D will be at TE for us, huge weapon.

Jake Duzey will be hard pressed to play as well as Henry Krieger-Coble has played the last
3 games.

And George Kittle is a not to future STAR for the Hawkeyes.

#goHawks

They can't use the same old gameplan against us, must be a bummer for teams having to really study vs the Hawks for the first time in forever. We are unpredictable, weird to say.

If Iowa hasn't played anyone then why did a lot of you have our record at 1-3 or 2-2 after September. Apparently some of you haven't been watching this team play and see they have a different attitude. Go Hawks

Gramps many have short term memories and were ready to burn down the place if Kirk continued on as coach. Times they have changed and many are fickle. Blowing in the wind my friend.

Iowa hasn't played anyone. Wisconsin has, and lost. Plus it's at their house. I see a close game, but a loss next week. It has the feel of the Minnesota game last season - I hope it goes better than that, but this is pretty early in the season for such a big game.

I feel like this might be the only chance for a signature win. Beat Wisconsin, and this team will have me believing in a run to Indy.

Wisconsin has only played 1 good team in Alabama and they got thumped soundly. Iowa did beat an in-state rival on the road and a Pitt team that is expected to be in a bowl.

But having said that I don't expect Iowa to win at Wisconsin either. That is a very tough game to open the conference schedule. You might be right, Wisconsin may be the only chance to get a signature win as the rest of the West division is not looking all that great.

Latest posts