Complete Fail by FS1

1hawkeye1

FS1, your coverage of the Holiday Bowl couldn't have been more biased and there wasn't any attempt to hide it.
It started with the FS1 pregame, where they did a 15 minute preview of USC. Preview of Iowa? 30 seconds of AJE. That was it.

As an intro to the game,Matt Leinart, Reggie Bush and Brady Quinn all were to give their picks for the game. As they began, the announcer was shocked that Brady Quinn changed his pick at the last minute to Iowa. The real reason? Leinart and Bush both picked USC and it would look bad if everybody chose USC. Quinn gave no reason for changing. Both Bush and Leinart explained at length how Iowa had never seen an offense like this and would never be able to keep up with the mighty PAC 12 air raid offense.

After the game Bush explained the shocking Iowa win by using the pronouns of "us" and "we" for rationalizing USC's poor performance. I realize that Reggie Bush went to USC, but as an FS1 announcer, you are expected to maintain some level of objectivity. Oh not to mention that Reggie also used the term, "God Damn" in the preview as an expression of his disgust at Leinart picking Iowa to win. Even though we all know he was forced to switch when it turned out that they all picked USC.

In the end, it was oh so delicious watching them all eat crow and admit that Iowa was the far dominate team. And they all had a very difficult time doing so. Suck it FS1!!

EM2dHJpUwAEvgax

I know this is not the biggest issue, but I would also like to slam FS1 for stretching out a game that should have easily finished under 3 hours, given the way Iowa uses the clock, to a bloated and boring 3 hours and 45 minutes before the game was over. That's not even including the trophy presentation, which pushed it past 4 hours.

Not just FS1. I am out of town so am limited in my resources for game stories. ESecPN has a feature on USC recovering the onside kick as one of Fridays big plays. But thats about it.

I thought Joel Klatt was great up until last night. Guy sounded stupid last night on many occasions!!! Gus Johnson didn’t do himself any favors either.. Bad......

I know this is not the biggest issue, but I would also like to slam FS1 for stretching out a game that should have easily finished under 3 hours, given the way Iowa uses the clock, to a bloated and boring 3 hours and 45 minutes before the game was over. That's not even including the trophy presentation, which pushed it past 4 hours.

THIS!!!! That’s 4th quarter might of been the longest 4th quarter I’ve ever watched!!!

Agree that this game took forever. No idea why the play that sent Clovis out took to long to review. That took forever.

Disagree about the announcers. They gave plenty of praise to the Hawks all night long. Klatt was very well-versed on the Hawkeyes and Gus is always fun to listen to. Loved the crew.

As to the FS1 group, LOVED seeing their shocked faces after the game.

But no 98 yard kickoff return? How dare they

Exactly. That is a play that is almost routine as a "big play" for footage. Never mind that ISM had 3 touchdowns, or that AJE did what he does, creates havoc and sends a QB to the bench. Its all about the big markets. I have news for ESPN- the USC folks are specifically avoiding any news from last night, and its the Hawkeye base and B1G market (possibly) that is doing the reading right now.

USC: Enjoy your Tofu and Mimosa's this morning, and have fantasy thoughts on what next year might bring.....

Exactly. That is a play that is almost routine as a "big play" for footage. Never mind that ISM had 3 touchdowns, or that AJE did what he does, creates havoc and sends a QB to the bench. Its all about the big markets. I have news for ESPN- the USC folks are specifically avoiding any news from last night, and its the Hawkeye base and B1G market (possibly) that is doing the reading right now.

USC: Enjoy your Tofu and Mimosa's this morning, and have fantasy thoughts on what next year might bring.....
USC fans are literally lining up little white line of " snow", and they've already forgotten about the game. Meanwhile, in the great state of Iowa, we're enjoying reliving the beatdown that occurred last night.

Leinhart wasn’t bad. He was trying to be objective at least. Bush tried repeatedly to drag him into waving his pom-poms. But I only caught 5 minutes of the pre-game show.

I don’t remember hearing anything during the game about the passings of Hayden and Bump other than saying Fry passed and his coaching tree.

Even if they said something in the pre-game show that I didn’t see, they have additional viewers in-game.

That is an epoch fail. Worse than any bias by the commentators

Klatt and Johnson are the best duo in college football. Fowler and Herbsreit I find very boring. Sick of Herbreits constant hard on for ohio st.

Now that I can look back on it I have to admit the FS1 coverage had me entertained. The pregame had me all fired up because of all the USC bias and I couldn't wait to see Bush's reaction after the game. But I would have hated it had Iowa lost the game.

Now that I can look back on it I have to admit the FS1 coverage had me entertained. The pregame had me all fired up because of all the USC bias and I couldn't wait to see Bush's reaction after the game. But I would have hated it had Iowa lost the game.
I still hated it. But watching Reggie Bush nearly break down in tears was friggin hilarious.

Latest posts