Coaching

hawkeyesgonewild

Did you know iowa hawkeyes has not scored a second half touchdown in the last 5 games in big ten. It might be time to get another with everything going on.

If Kirk wasn’t fired after that all time bad offseason they won’t fire him after this exhibition season. It’s not hyperbole to say 0-8 is a real possibility this year though.

My main issue is what do we do well? We pass block well but that’s it on offense, our running game is terrible. On defense we are mediocre across the board, nothing good or terrible.

My report card thus far on coaching staff

OL...F
QB...F
DLINE...D-
DBs...F
LB...F
SPECIAL TEAMS...B
OC...Is there a grade below F?
DC...F
HC... F

Barta has to go for Ferentz to go. And if they didnt fire Barta for being a sexist they wont fire him after this lawsuit.

So more of the same.

Not that it's an excuse, but I think part of what we are seeing is the result of a lack of OOC games.

I've always felt that Kirk treats the OOC season much like an NFL coach treats the NFL preseason. He wants to focus on S&C and fundamentals during the summer, then work out the kinks during the first two or three games. As a result, his teams almost invariably start sluggish, then improve as the season goes on.

He would argue that his approach pays off in November, and perhaps he's right to a certain degree, but we don't have that luxury this season, and he has painfully revealed his lack of ability to adapt to the circumstances and have his team prepared from the get-go. It's a failure of leadership from the top down.

One also has to wonder if the scandal is having a much larger impact than advertised. All of these glorified statements about unity and togetherness seem genuine when the team plays well, but we'll see how truly unified this team is now that it is under duress. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised at all if we start seeing a mass exodus via the transfer portal over the next several weeks, likely combined with a number of decommitments . I sincerely hope that doesn't happen, but, if it does, major program changes very well could and should occur.

Did you know iowa hawkeyes has not scored a second half touchdown in the last 5 games in big ten. It might be time to get another with everything going on.
There is certainly something wrong with this offense that was running reverses all over the place last November to an offense that has trouble scoring.

The offense had plenty of yards in Game 1 but turnovers and penalties prevented the win.

The hawks had the opportunity to score 28-31 points yesterday but too many empty plays resulted in two short FGs and that long missed FG which could have been the winning points.

Latest posts