Coaching Changes after Signing Day

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Never been a fan of that....seems like a bait and switch. It happens a lot of places but seems...not sure what it seems...just doesn't seem 'clean'

Jon, so you believe that they didn't tell players who were seriously committed that Darrell wasn't on staff or going to be on staff?

Besides, if he was on the way out the door what effort would he give out recruiting. If he wasn't out recruiting, wouldn't players question that?

Just seems like we don't know enough about what was said and told to the players.

It all just depends on what the kids involved say they were told and if you get the honest answer from all sides. At alot of schools I'd worry about that more than most. There really isn't a track record of that at Iowa under Ferentz so it's just tough to tell. Unless a kid or their folks gripe about it there shouldn't be anything to worry about. Wait and watch Twitter I guess ha

As an outsider it is hard to tell how hard those leaving or left were involved anyway. Heck, I can't tell what the people staying do in this area.

Well you wouldnt want a recruit to know the program has any problems. I would just say....hey we beat MSU and you could prob start from day one.

I'm willing to bet these recruits knew more about the coaching situations than we did.

I'd be taking action on that. A month ago this whole website had a royal **** fit after a recruit tweetied Brian Ferents was his new coach about two seconds after Brian hung up the phone with him.

When it comes down to it, I really dont think most of these 17 and 18 year old kids put a whole lot of stock into who their segment coach is (they maybe should, but they don't). Their parents might be there to back up the kids, and in some instances may get more involved with the recruiting process than others, (but the recruiting coach is most times not the segment coach)....The recruits are more sold on who the HC, OC, and DC is, the type of scheme run, the facilities and the overall school and program.

i would think they'd put a lot of stock into who their position coach is. after all, this is the people they'll be working with the most over the next 4-5 years. could be wrong though. and IIRC, Beathard seemed kind of ****** about the KOK deal. and i wouldn't blame him.

i would think they'd put a lot of stock into who their position coach is. after all, this is the people they'll be working with the most over the next 4-5 years. could be wrong though. and IIRC, Beathard seemed kind of ****** about the KOK deal. and i wouldn't blame him.

Did KOK know at that point he was going to be offered or take the Dolphins job?

Did KOK know at that point he was going to be offered or take the Dolphins job?
Gee, I don't know. Philbin had already had the Dolphins job for several weeks, KOK met with Beathard's family the day before signing day to tell them he would be his position coach for the next 4 years, then 2 days after signing day he gone. I'm sure he didn't have a single discussion with his old buddy Philbin or KF or anyone else about taking a different job until it actually happened.

The entire staff aside from Kirk is out of whack. I see it as a the biggest hinderance in recuriting right now. Anybody can see that no job is safe aside from coaches with the last name Ferentz.

I mentioned that after signing day there would be more changes, but no one listens to a guy who has only posted a few hundred times.

Latest posts