Chris Jans - New Mexico State

tksirius

HN's Love Doctor
Just nearly pulled off the upset at #2 Kansas. If we can't make the NCAA tourney this year, we need to pull the trigger and go after Jans. He's a prick, but he's one hell of a coach.

He's definitely been successful everywhere he's been. Crazy to see that his longest HC stint is 2 years and he's on his 6th stint now at NMST. Let's see if he's able to last one more year.

I have no clue how bad his bar issue was at Bowling Green but it must not have been minor if he was fired after one of their most successful seasons in recent memory.

He's definitely been successful everywhere he's been. Crazy to see that his longest HC stint is 2 years and he's on his 6th stint now at NMST. Let's see if he's able to last one more year.

I have no clue how bad his bar issue was at Bowling Green but it must not have been minor if he was fired after one of their most successful seasons in recent memory.

Touching women inappropriately, calling a woman a Bee itch which started confrontation.

He's a guy who shouldn't be out in public when he's drunk. Especially when you're representing a university.

But he's gotten a second chance and is making the most of it, so perhaps he's learned his lesson. I wouldn't mind seeing him on the Iowa sideline at some point.

I still believe Fran can do it, but I'd put a vote in for Steve Forbes down at East Tennessee State. Another Iowa native that seems like a heckuva coach.

Looks like the two have coached together a couple of different times as assistants. They were both with Idaho back in 1999-2000 and then together on the same staff at Wichita State in 2013-2014. Both have had success pretty much everywhere they have been and are known up and coming coaches that will most likely get a shot at bigger schools in the next year or two.

Best hs shooter I've ever seen. I'd take Jans over Kingsbury in a game of horse. At one time I think he had a D3 record for 3pt %. It was an insane #

Best hs shooter I've ever seen. I'd take Jans over Kingsbury in a game of horse. At one time I think he had a D3 record for 3pt %. It was an insane #
  • Jans was undoubtedly knocking down three-pointers his whole career, but emerged in his senior season to set Loras' all-time scoring record. Jans scored 707 points that year in 25 games, good for a 28.3 per game average, both records that have not been touched in 20 years. A grand total of 399 of those points came from his 133 made baskets from behind the arc – also a Loras record. No one in the NCAA averaged more three point field goals per game than Jans did that season (5.3). Jans made 93 of his 133 three-pointers during Iowa Conference games, a record that still stands today. He is also a member of the 1,000 points club, concluding his career with 1,206 points.

If the above happened to FM, you’d already be calling for his firing.
As to Jans, the East Side of the River would never sign off on his hiring.

You must be mistaking me for someone else.

I mean you're probably right in that he will never be an option here but it certainly is not because he lost 1 game to Drake.

• Jans was undoubtedly knocking down three-pointers his whole career, but emerged in his senior season to set Loras' all-time scoring record. Jans scored 707 points that year in 25 games, good for a 28.3 per game average, both records that have not been touched in 20 years. A grand total of 399 of those points came from his 133 made baskets from behind the arc – also a Loras record. No one in the NCAA averaged more three point field goals per game than Jans did that season (5.3). Jans made 93 of his 133 three-pointers during Iowa Conference games, a record that still stands today. He is also a member of the 1,000 points club, concluding his career with 1,206 points.

69.9%!

If the above happened to FM, you’d already be calling for his firing.
As to Jans, the East Side of the River would never sign off on his hiring.
That depends. Is Jans supposed to have P5/BIG caliber recruits on his team? Because IF Jans were hired at Iowa and he still recruited at a mid major level, like Fran, we would in fact want him fired after said loss.

It won't matter in the least little bit who the next basketball coach is, as long as the Gutless Wonder is running the AD. The problem with Iowa basketball starts at the top. Maybe even above Gutless Gary's head.

It won't matter in the least little bit who the next basketball coach is, as long as the Gutless Wonder is running the AD. The problem with Iowa basketball starts at the top. Maybe even above Gutless Gary's head.
Barta couldn't even get Roy Marble's jersey retirement ceremony correct. He lumped it in with senior day activities. Marble, one of the all time great Hawkeyes and suffering from terminal cancer (which would claim him on my birthday six months later) deserved better.

He's been winning games everywhere he's been. I'm sure that even at this stage he's wanting more than just NMSt. But I wish him well after screwing up big time @ Bowling Green.

Latest posts