Chiefs cut Anthony Hitchens

Damn. Yeah when he went there, he'd signed a pretty pricey FA deal that he probably wasn't going to live up to. But he's plenty good still he'll land on his feet just fine. He's a casualty of being on a team that has to pay Mahomes Kelce Hill.... What % of their cap is going to just those 3 dudes? Teams gotta make tough choices in off seasons that's the game

They still have to try to sign the honey badger to a long term deal as well. That defense needed an overhaul and there are some younger options at LB, so no shock. Hitchens will get one more gig at veteran minimum or so. Good player with some fuel left in the tank.

Isnt Ben Niemann the backup and i think Niemann was playing more then Hitchens was the second half of the year anyway. Not surprising to see Hitchens cut should get plenty of looks.

Isnt Ben Niemann the backup and i think Niemann was playing more then Hitchens was the second half of the year anyway. Not surprising to see Hitchens cut should get plenty of looks.

I am not sure if Niemann backed up Hitchens in the middle. Niemann seemed to be in an outside linebacker spot most of this last year as in previous years, covering the flats etc. But Niemann also may have the bulk now to play the middle

What blows my mind is that he has played eight NFL seasons. It seems like yesterday when Hitchens, Christian Kirksey and James Morris were our linebacker corps.

It seems like yesterday, but it also seems like forever ago. Was it Hitchens or Kirksey that caused that fumble at the end of the Michigan game where it was cold as balls? Damn, that was an amazing game.

It seems like yesterday, but it also seems like forever ago. Was it Hitchens or Kirksey that caused that fumble at the end of the Michigan game where it was cold as balls? Damn, that was an amazing game.
I think that was Hitchens. IIRC, he caused the fumble and recovered it. I could be wrong though and too lazy to look it up. Anyway, I always think about that play when I think of that trio of LBs. A great unit.

Average NFL career is a bit over 3 years. Granted...that's somewhat slanted by guys that get cut early...but still. If Hitch never plays again (and he probably will) he's had a really nice NFL career.

FYI, the average age of an NFL player is 26. Consider that for a moment.