Charles Godfrey Sacrifices for the Panthers

Nice read. Godfrey was one of the hidden gems in the NFL pre injury. Hopefully he can recover and continue having success with the move back to CB.

Ooffda... That's a heck of a pay cut. But nice to see he's still playing in the nfl, and competing for starts.

Yikes that pay cut hurts.... The NFL and their non guaranteed contracts sure favor the owners and not the players. Every time I want to rail on a player for holding out and trying to get what they are "worth" after out performing their contract I think back to the other side of the coin and how the teams will put ultimatums on guys and say take the cut or take a hike at just the very instant of a players slipping in performance due to injury. How is it that the NFLs players union hasn't gotten their contracts guaranteed after the recent deals negotiations they've had. I would think with how violent the sport is and how short the careers are for them the players would stand firm wanting that.

The only thing I ever look at with NFL players is their signing bonus. Everything else is, by and large, funny money. Granted, his base was cut but you can get everything cut at any point in time. He will likely have back end opportunities for if he stays healthy and makes starts, etc. But yeah, he is a great guy, too.

Yikes.... I don't understand how meals can be that expensive. I mean I get that there are rich people willing to pay but good grief a steak is a steak. Potatoes are Potatoes. Your just paying for the crazy salary the Chefs are paying themselves and the "ambiance" to keep the flashy lights on in those places. You know the servers aren't getting rich at those places either so much. I dunno I'm a simple man and none of that jazz has ever mattered to me. If I were to shell out for a crazy high meal I can't help but think regardless of my financial situation I'd leave the table extremely unfulfilled.

I was wondering about Godfrey a few weeks back, so thanks for the update. Definitely a former Hawkeye that makes us proud. I wish him nothing but the best. The Panthers? Not so much...