First Team
Pat Angerer - #3 LB

Second Team
Tyler Sash - #5 DB

Third Team
Bryan Bulaga - #15 OL

Hon. Mention
Tony Moeaki - #10 TE

Sorry...that did come off a little harsh. But he missed 3+ games due to injury, was almost invisible in about 4 of the games he did play, but was instrumental in wins over UNI, Michigan, and Wisconsin. I don't want to turn this thread into a KOK-bashfest, so I won't go into it, but with as big as mismatch as Tony supposedly is, we sure didn't call enough play to put him in positions to succeed. You can only double a guy so much before you have to make a decision to play man free across the board, single him up, or compromise the integrity of your scheme.

How come nobody I've read has lamented the fact that Adrian Claborne has not been able crack the top-6 DE's in the country and snag a top-3 All American team so far this award season? I believe NFL scouts are more perceptive and will draft him in the first two rounds.
Unfortunate for us, because we'll likely lose #94 for next season to the pros. Amari Spivey probably is the most coveted Hawkeye, by NFL types, and will find it even harder to resist the lure of the dollars. Ironically, Bryan Bulaga, the only 5-star prep recuruit (out of this year's potential draftees) is probably the most likely to stay.
The "big deal" among college kids considering the pros, this year, is whether the player's union bargaining agreement is revised, or not. If it is not, the free-agent demarcation will shift from 4-years experience, to 6.
That has the most impact on RB's, WR's, DB's and DE's. They are the most picked up free-agents.
O-linemen (especially anchor "blind side" left tackles make good change at signing...just ask Robert Gallery) they aren't a very high percentage of all free-agent pick-ups. A first-round O-lineman in 2010 will probably make about the same amount of money in their first five years in the league as a first round pick in 2011.
That being said, Bulaga could move from a #24 pick overall to a #4 pick by staying around for one more circuit of college games (especially if he is a Big-10 MVP or unanimous All American) after one more year. That could mean an extra $1 million each of his first three years in the league.

Latest posts